Home

Sweet article on Rivals.com.

This is a discussion on Sweet article on Rivals.com. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-02-2005, 08:30 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Sweet article on Rivals.com.

Awesome article, just one question though. They said every recruit starts out with 8 schools of choice, then narrows down to 5 as the season goes on, this is probably pretty dumb, but if your school isnt on that list of 8, are you out of the running for that player?
Old 05-02-2005, 08:34 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdtarheeler
Awesome article, just one question though. They said every recruit starts out with 8 schools of choice, then narrows down to 5 as the season goes on, this is probably pretty dumb, but if your school isnt on that list of 8, are you out of the running for that player?
Good question, I guess we'll probably find out ALOT more out after E3. I am really feeling the idea of fewer 5 star recruits, and academic prestige added to an already great recruiting system.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:02 PM   #35
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdtarheeler
It's a good question. I'd figure that he'd have a starting 8, but if you worked hard, did some serious recruiting, and then invited him to a rivarly game early on in the year before the recruit narrows it to 5 (e.g. Red River Shootout), then maybe you'd have a chance. If he isn't in your top 8, though I wouldn't even recruit him in the first place. Either he's probably to far away and isn't interested, and if he is local, then he just doesn't like you...

That's another thing I'd like to see, the "dream school" kind of thing. For example, a recruit from Tuscaloosa would have a very, very low chance of going to Auburn (although it's local), but would go to 'Bama very easily if they offered him a scholarship...

Another thing I wonder if it's more likely for a four or five star commit to reneg (is that a word?) on is soft verbal than a one or two star player...if you're a small school, it would be pretty bad to lose all your one or two star players if you ran out of recruiting points or something (although IRL, most lower grade recruits never make soft verbals).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2005, 09:24 PM   #36
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Damn the graphics look good. The recruitings features sound awesome. This might be the game of the year if the gameplay is fixed. Lots of replay value here.
Old 05-02-2005, 09:39 PM   #37
MVP

rpac44's Arena

OVR: 7

everything sounds good, i'm especially excited about the realistic aspects of recruiting: soft verbals and pipelines

the academic impact thing sounds cool too, but if its overdone it could be bad, i wanna have a talented team without killing ohio state's reputation for future recruits
NHL-Blackhawks
MLB-White Sox
EPL-Chelsea
Old 05-02-2005, 09:49 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 6

That article mentioned some major needed improvements that have been fixed but passing percentages have to be increased and better DB AI especially in 1 on 1 coverage..If I throw a pass and see 5 guys fly to the ball like superman (although we asked for it after the 03' version, they overdid it) in 06' I will be disapointed. If they fix these things along with what was said, seen in the article this game will be better than all of its predicesors.
Old 05-02-2005, 10:29 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 2
Talking Re: Sweet article on Rivals.com.

I have to agree that this preview has made that wait for this game unbearable. I think that it's worse because we have been really waiting for two years for a college football game. 2005 is almost unplayable.

BTW, thanks for the love Steve.
Old 05-03-2005, 12:19 AM   #40
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Heeeeeeeeereeeeee's REGGIE!!!

I assume the glowing icon means he's a playmaker!

Looks like they added more details at the Colisseum this year. And Cal apparently has new road uniforms.
These are good signs. Shows they're trying to keep current as much as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »