Home

Sweet article on Rivals.com.

This is a discussion on Sweet article on Rivals.com. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2005, 06:03 PM   #49
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62
Re: Sweet article on Rivals.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochoco
Get that vacation scheduled at work, looks like this years could really be a blockbuster!

And ya, I did take vacation the last two years when this game came out...

My boss already asked me when NCAA was coming out cause he knew I would be taking off. Same goes for Madden as well.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
Better, realistic what have you we all know what the issue was last year and hopefully so do the developers. I enjoy the Madden DB AI all they have to do is look there. "Better run blocking" "new presentation".. my God what a relief to here that though.

See I think that the Madden 05 DB AI was unrealistic as well. The DBs were too good. In madden, (especially against NE) it was damn near impossible to complete a pass. I don't think you can have that in college, because it is a more wide open game. Now don't get me wrong, I think that last year college was too unrealistic as well. Man to man D was terrible, and zones were unrealistic as well. But I'm from the old school where I beleive that you have to control your man on Off and Def. In madden you did not have to click on your DB for them to make a play on the ball. The AI did the work for you. All you had to is play with NE and play 2 deep man Defense and passing was near impossible on it. IN NCAA the long bomb didn't piss me of as much because I click on to my DB. It was the tipped balls. I think they need something in between the two games.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:07 PM   #51
Im The Baby/Gotta Love Me

elicoleman's Arena

OVR: 31

Thank God they are finally cutting back on number of 5 star recruits available. Thats been a flaw to me in recruiting for years now.

Overall, I'm pumped as hell about this game.

Thank God my birthday is July 10th so I'll have money for it
What I'm Currently Listening To
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-10-2005, 02:12 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 5

Thanks Rivals. My intersest in NCAA Football is finally back again. What a superb article and the picture gallery is awsome.

This is clever marketing by EA as the Rivals PR is definately aimed at the older gamers (ie, myself, who is far more likely to visit rivals.com than easports.com or ign.com); whilst they've covered the younger market themselves by concentrating on race for the Heisman.

Hmm... However, seeing this little disclaimer at the bottom may suggest that what was actually seen and what was reported may be two different things:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Wallace
"Editor's note: To maintain editorial integrity, it should be noted that EA Sports and Rivals.com have a business relationship."
Oh well. I live in hope that it's a good game this year.

Last edited by hayvis; 05-10-2005 at 02:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2005, 07:03 PM   #53
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayvis
Thanks Rivals. My intersest in NCAA Football is finally back again. What a superb article and the picture gallery is awsome.

This is clever marketing by EA as the Rivals PR is definately aimed at the older gamers (ie, myself, who is far more likely to visit rivals.com than easports.com or ign.com); whilst they've covered the younger market themselves by concentrating on race for the Heisman.

Hmm... However, seeing this little disclaimer at the bottom may suggest that what was actually seen and what was reported may be two different things:

Oh well. I live in hope that it's a good game this year.
What that is meant for is that, as a journalist, it would be unethical for them not to disclose that there is a conflict of interest involved in simply "reporting" the new features of the game. It doesn't mean that they made things up or anything. It only means that this is essentially a joint press release between EA and Rivals.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »