Home

Crankin up 05 until 06 comes out....

This is a discussion on Crankin up 05 until 06 comes out.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-22-2005, 12:36 AM   #17
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Crankin up 05 until 06 comes out....

I started a dynasty with Kentucky, played one year on heisman and ended up going 5-6 (although I did have the #1 offense in the nation). I did well recruiting and got the #3 class, but decided to quit playing after noticing that my big rival Tennessee, who went 10-2, got a recruiting class ranked 97th (they signed 19 players, which made it all the worse). So I decided that it would be no fun continuing dynasty if the teams in my conference weren't going to be any where near as good as they are in real life and quit.

But I'm really looking forward to 2006 as it seems they have fixed this huge problem (this actually wasn't a problem in NCAA 2004 for some reason). I just wish EA would take out the discipline system (the NCAA doesn't care if a team's players go to class or if they miss a tutoring session), but if they don't no big problem.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:34 AM   #18
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Started up my ND and OSU dynasty last night. I still can't get the passing thing down. I started off with Smith at about 60% passing, and ended with him at 40%.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:40 AM   #19
R*d B*ll G*v*s Y** W*ngs

HardwoodHeisman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHguy00
Started up my ND and OSU dynasty last night. I still can't get the passing thing down. I started off with Smith at about 60% passing, and ended with him at 40%.
Thats one thing I've noticed about the game. I was playin an exhibition game with USC and Leinart started off like 5-5 with 2 TDs. I was amped until my joy was destroyed after he incompleted the next 11 passes.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:46 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

Hell... id' crank up 04' with updated rosters before even thinking about fishing for the 05 disc.

Its out somewhere in my sewer well.

talk about garbage
Old 05-22-2005, 11:39 AM   #21
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodHeisman1
Thats one thing I've noticed about the game. I was playin an exhibition game with USC and Leinart started off like 5-5 with 2 TDs. I was amped until my joy was destroyed after he incompleted the next 11 passes.
I can pass fine in practice and can throw all the routes. Then, I try to play an actual game and the passes just go everywhere. It's so frustrating. I just finished a game with Brady Quinn throwing 50%.

Any tips for stopping the pass? I've tried everything, my CBs keep getting torched.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-22-2005, 11:48 AM   #22
R*d B*ll G*v*s Y** W*ngs

HardwoodHeisman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHguy00
I can pass fine in practice and can throw all the routes. Then, I try to play an actual game and the passes just go everywhere. It's so frustrating. I just finished a game with Brady Quinn throwing 50%.

Any tips for stopping the pass? I've tried everything, my CBs keep getting torched.
Well I can tell you exactly why you're passin well in practice, instead of in the actual game. For some reason, EA decided that all teams just stay in zone defenses all game long. Thats why it's also so easy to throw the deep ball because with the zone defenses, all short and medium passes are pretty hard to complete. It seems like if you want to be able to work the short and medium game, you have to come out goin deep to try and get the CPU out of that zone defense.

Now in practice mode, I'm sure you pick random plays for the defense. So when you're passin, they're usin more Man to Man than just stickin in the typical zone like in a regular game. I noticed this a while back.

As for stoppin the pass, I have no idea. In this game you have such little room for error because of the weird angles your defensive backs take. Plus, it's so hard to break up a pass when John Doe drops back and throws one of the most accurate passes ever. I try to offset the CPU's passin game by blitzin on obvious passin downs. Other than that, I just try and play with my most talented player in the secondary and hope to make a play on the ball.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:15 PM   #23
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodHeisman1
Well I can tell you exactly why you're passin well in practice, instead of in the actual game. For some reason, EA decided that all teams just stay in zone defenses all game long. Thats why it's also so easy to throw the deep ball because with the zone defenses, all short and medium passes are pretty hard to complete. It seems like if you want to be able to work the short and medium game, you have to come out goin deep to try and get the CPU out of that zone defense.

Now in practice mode, I'm sure you pick random plays for the defense. So when you're passin, they're usin more Man to Man than just stickin in the typical zone like in a regular game. I noticed this a while back.

As for stoppin the pass, I have no idea. In this game you have such little room for error because of the weird angles your defensive backs take. Plus, it's so hard to break up a pass when John Doe drops back and throws one of the most accurate passes ever. I try to offset the CPU's passin game by blitzin on obvious passin downs. Other than that, I just try and play with my most talented player in the secondary and hope to make a play on the ball.
A lot of it has to do with the fact that in a game your QB's Awareness and Throwing Accuracy goes down major points (like 10 to 20) after you only throw like 5 incomplete passes or an interception.
Old 05-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #24
R*d B*ll G*v*s Y** W*ngs

HardwoodHeisman's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
A lot of it has to do with the fact that in a game your QB's Awareness and Throwing Accuracy goes down major points (like 10 to 20) after you only throw like 5 incomplete passes or an interception.
Good point, never thought about that. Now I just try not to throw more than 25 passes, tryin to limit me myself to like 5-8 throws a quarter. The runnin game can do wonders for your passin game if you're consistantly pickin up 5-6 yards. Ofcourse after a couple of good gains, the CPU's run defense shuts it down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »