Home

Play of the Day and Heisman Diary

This is a discussion on Play of the Day and Heisman Diary within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-07-2005, 09:58 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Play of the Day and Heisman Diary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson
Another WOW! Only thing I noticed even remotely dissapointing was either in the first or second video, dont remember which. Leinart drops way back and scrambles to the right which is unorthodox for a southpaw and while running against the grain throw deep left into the endzone for a perfect touchdown pass. Yeah, yeah, I know its Leinart but c'mon that's an impossible throw. Check it out. Other than that minor gripe, it looks like ncaa 06 is poised to take back its place atop football videogaming.
I did notice that though. I was like, there is no way Leinart just did that. I just hope it's something that doesn't happen a whole lot though. Maybe it could be because the guy who was playing was playing on one of the lower levels. This game looks so much more fun. 2004 was awesome. At times I couldn't stop playing it. 2005 was ok. The passing game and the slowdown absolutely killed it for me. Now 2006 looks a lot more fun. I think I only saw 1 or 2 dropped passes. It looks like Home Field Advantage has been toned down a little bit so the road players at least have a chance to complete some passes. The replays look awesome and so does the presentation. In the commentary department, I think they added some more lines to it. I heard some things that I haven't heard before. The scoreboard overlay kind of looks like the old ABC overlay a little bit. This game looks awesome. I can't wait for 5 weeks to play it. Oh well.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:35 PM   #34
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been itch'n for some new videos and these videos were great. The game looks very good. I wanted to see some of those impact "in the zone" zoom-in moments in action. Hopefully, some of the upcoming videos will show this. Still don't know if I'll be playing with that zoom-in on or off yet.

I'm not a fan of Miami, but I was hoping to see a better game out of them. Is USC that good? I'm sure part of it had to do with the level the game was on. Since dynasty mode and playing the CPU will be taking up most of my time, the one thing I noticed (from looking at the stats) is that the CPU was having a hard time keeping the drives going... only 4 first downs by early 3rd Qtr. Most of the CPU yards came on that long 70 yd pass for TD. I would have like to see the final stats to see how they measured up in the end. I'm sure moving up to AA or Heisman and some tweaks to the sliders will help adjust some of these issues.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:22 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxt
Thank you, thank you, thank you! I've been itch'n for some new videos and these videos were great. The game looks very good. I wanted to see some of those impact "in the zone" zoom-in moments in action. Hopefully, some of the upcoming videos will show this. Still don't know if I'll be playing with that zoom-in on or off yet.

I'm not a fan of Miami, but I was hoping to see a better game out of them. Is USC that good? I'm sure part of it had to do with the level the game was on. Since dynasty mode and playing the CPU will be taking up most of my time, the one thing I noticed (from looking at the stats) is that the CPU was having a hard time keeping the drives going... only 4 first downs by early 3rd Qtr. Most of the CPU yards came on that long 70 yd pass for TD. I would have like to see the final stats to see how they measured up in the end. I'm sure moving up to AA or Heisman and some tweaks to the sliders will help adjust some of these issues.
The guy playing (USC) looked like he was on AC difficulty or easier. Don't worry too much about gameplay videos from IGN. Most people here on OS are gonna be playing AA or Heisman anyway.

One thing I didn't see was the 'confidence' rating thing that was in last years. They said it would return but didn't see it in the vids..

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-07-2005, 01:28 PM   #36
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
The guy playing (USC) looked like he was on AC difficulty or easier. Don't worry too much about gameplay videos from IGN. Most people here on OS are gonna be playing AA or Heisman anyway.

One thing I didn't see was the 'confidence' rating thing that was in last years. They said it would return but didn't see it in the vids..
Very good point Jistic. I did not see the matchup stick at all. I didn't see the meter. If it's gone then that's probably why there weren't as many drops as last year.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #37
Greatness

utexas's Arena

OVR: 32

looks great, but the legendary drop back 10 plus yds still seems to be there, hopefully its just because of the lower difficulty.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #38
Sweettouch

Dame's Arena

OVR: 19

i was excited to see these videos i immediately notice the level had to be on default especially since he got off that reverse pass with no problem or pressure. But these videos and the race for heisman got me hyped
Old 06-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #39
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas
looks great, but the legendary drop back 10 plus yds still seems to be there, hopefully its just because of the lower difficulty.
It has to be because of the lower difficulty. Who knows? The guy playing the game could have adjusted the sliders so it could be easy on offense. I really like it when a big play is made because it could be a Pontiac Game Changing Performance. This game is going to be great.
Old 06-07-2005, 02:02 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
It has to be because of the lower difficulty. Who knows? The guy playing the game could have adjusted the sliders so it could be easy on offense. I really like it when a big play is made because it could be a Pontiac Game Changing Performance. This game is going to be great.
The replay angle during that is like a new cool angle, like the one they use in NFL 2K5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »