Home

If the speed cheat is gone............

This is a discussion on If the speed cheat is gone............ within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-09-2005, 04:15 PM   #1
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5
If the speed cheat is gone............

we should be able to return KO & PR, in 05 if you got past the angle speed cheat punt returns were possilble I ran back 10-15 punts, but no KO's, did anyone else have any luck with returns? In 06 special teams may actually mean something! JUST KILLIN' TIME
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2005, 04:20 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: If the speed cheat is gone............

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmg
we should be able to return KO & PR, in 05 if you got past the angle speed cheat punt returns were possilble I ran back 10-15 punts, but no KO's, did anyone else have any luck with returns? In 06 special teams may actually mean something! JUST KILLIN' TIME
The speed cheat is part of it but theres also CPU ESP, downfield blocking and the CPU often takes what seems like insane pursuit angles...like it readily will concede a 20 yard gain just to avoid allowing a 50+ yard gain at all costs. But yeah, losing a speed cheat is never a bad thing. Hopefully everything else will be even handed as well.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:38 PM   #3
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by glucklich
The speed cheat is part of it but theres also CPU ESP, downfield blocking and the CPU often takes what seems like insane pursuit angles...like it readily will concede a 20 yard gain just to avoid allowing a 50+ yard gain at all costs. But yeah, losing a speed cheat is never a bad thing. Hopefully everything else will be even handed as well.
it seem like once you get past the pursuit-speed cheat-angle everything went back to normal and you could just outrun the defenders if your return man was faster, I would just run to the left or right to get the defenders going that way and spin back the opposite way, most of the time it would freeze the D, and I'd just hope I could beat them at an angle, king of cheap but it was the only way I could return punts for a TD.
Old 06-09-2005, 04:42 PM   #4
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

I had a few punt returns for TD's with Sproles last year.
Old 06-09-2005, 05:23 PM   #5
Rookie

DukeFanatic0404's Arena

OVR: 3

I had a total of TWO kick or punt return for a TD combined in NCAA 2005, and I probably played about 400-500 games. They were both punt returns online. One was with Georgia, against South Carolina. There was three seconds left in the half, and he tried to kick it out of bounds. It was a sideways, line drive kick that I barely got before it went out. From there, I easily ran down the sideline for the TD. The other one was with Memphis. I had DeAngelo Williams back there, and I caught the ball, ran to the left side of the field and juked out two defenders. Then I ran over a tackler and bolted to the right side of the field in between traffic. From there, all I had to do was beat the punter, and well, you know what happened with that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2005, 06:52 PM   #6
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

I got usually 1 or 2 KO return TDs per season.

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »