Home

Complete list of impact players and ratings

This is a discussion on Complete list of impact players and ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2005, 01:39 PM   #81
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Complete list of impact players and ratings

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirLobo23
Darius Walker an 87? too low imo....at least a 90.
C'mon, man. DW had a very good freshman year--better even than expected--but let's not get out of hand. "At least a 90"?! He didn't even rush for over a thousand yards! I'm a huge ND fan, but I try to stay objective when it comes to the Irish. Jamarrio Thomas of NT rushed for ~ 2000 yds. as a frosh and he's rated a 90. AP of OU rushed for ~ 2000 yds. and he's a 97. DW rushed for much less yardage than JT (less than half, right?) but played against much better competition, thus their ratings are comparable. AP and JT rushed for the same yardage, but AP's level of competition dwarfs JT's, so there's an understandable separation in their ratings.

Another way of looking at it...If you agree that AP is rated correctly overall, then you have to admit that there's AT LEAST a 10 pt. difference between him and DW.

Like I said, I grew up an Irish fan, but DW's rated fairly. Zbikowski, on the other hand, is overrated. DE Abiamiri will probably be overrated like he was last year (all hype so far). And TE Fasano probably will wind up being underrated (clutch on 3rd down, excellent blocker).

Nevertheless, keep the faith.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2005, 01:43 PM   #82
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFranchise_10
Arkansas---FB---22---94 (Wow... he's just a sophomore and didn't even get in a whole freshman year)
Franchise, doesn't Arkansas use Hillis as a HB more than as a traditional FB? He shares time with #26, and a lot of the annuals have him listed as a co-starter at HB, or as #1 FB AND #2 HB.

Just wondering...
Old 06-19-2005, 01:54 PM   #83
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreBly
i dont like that every team has 3 impact players....Some teams should have 0-1 and others (USC) should have 5-10
So true. Here are USC's real-life impact players, based on production.

Offense: QB Leinart, HB Bush, HB White, TE Byrd, WR Jarrett, possibly WR Smith, G Matua, G Byers (actually lived up to the hype!), T Justice (3rd-team AA as a true soph, kicked off team last year), T Baker (Frosh AA).

Defense: SS Bing and possibly LB Sartz (3rd year starter). CB Wright would have had a case, but left team/got kicked off. USC lost half of its D to NFL this past draft.

STACKED.
Old 06-19-2005, 03:47 PM   #84
Rookie

ThaFranchise_10's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Franchise, doesn't Arkansas use Hillis as a HB more than as a traditional FB? He shares time with #26, and a lot of the annuals have him listed as a co-starter at HB, or as #1 FB AND #2 HB.

Just wondering...
They use him about every way possible. Sometimes they'll line him up at a HB with Kennedy playing FB, sometimes he's FB with Howard playing HB, and sometimes he's the lone back in ace or shot gun formations.

But I guess to answer your question I can say, he's a fullback by trade but has the ability to play a little bit of halfback so they try to mix him in there as well. Easily the best hands out of the backfield for any fullback in the nation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »