Home

Official Release Date Thread

This is a discussion on Official Release Date Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 12:40 AM   #25
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Official Release Date Thread

Quick question...when I prepay in full for a game before it's released, the store doesn't make any entries on the cash register when I go pick up the game. It's too bad that people that preorder and pay in full can't pick up the game early. Short of going to every store and taking inventory, how would EA ever know if a clerk gave out a prepaid copy of the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2005, 12:43 AM   #26
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
Quick question...when I prepay in full for a game before it's released, the store doesn't make any entries on the cash register when I go pick up the game.
Yes they do. Otherwise, their cash drawers would be way over at the end of every day. I've paid in full several times at EB, and they punch in the transaction, accept my money, and the register prints me out a receipt that shows what I've preordered. That IS the transaction. They can't accept money and not punch anything in. That's called "illegal".
Old 06-19-2005, 01:33 AM   #27
Pro

OVR: 5

i always thought that the games were shipped on mondays the week they were supposed to come out.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:52 AM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazersin2k3
i always thought that the games were shipped on mondays the week they were supposed to come out.
They do ship on Monday.
Old 06-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #29
Pro

markprior22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
Yes they do. Otherwise, their cash drawers would be way over at the end of every day. I've paid in full several times at EB, and they punch in the transaction, accept my money, and the register prints me out a receipt that shows what I've preordered. That IS the transaction. They can't accept money and not punch anything in. That's called "illegal".
Maybe you misunderstood me. I go into GameCrazy...hand them 54.99 or whatever. They ring up the sale and give me a prepay receipt. Then, weeks later when the game comes in, I go to the store with my receipt and they hand me the game. AT THAT TIME they don't ring up anything else on the register.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:17 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22
Maybe you misunderstood me. I go into GameCrazy...hand them 54.99 or whatever. They ring up the sale and give me a prepay receipt. Then, weeks later when the game comes in, I go to the store with my receipt and they hand me the game. AT THAT TIME they don't ring up anything else on the register.
Oh, right right. I thought you were saying that they held on to your prepay money until the game came out. My mistake.

GameCrazy might be like that. However, I do know at EBGames, they still ring up something when you pick the game up. They scan the barcode, and their computer prints me out a receipt showing that I have redeemed the prepay and picked up my game. So at least at EB, their system still records the transaction.

Last edited by SoxChamp; 06-19-2005 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:29 PM   #31
MVP

sjoh007's Arena

OVR: 11
Talking Re: Official Release Date Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxChamp
Oh, right right. I thought you were saying that they held on to your prepay money until the game came out. My mistake.

GameCrazy might be like that. However, I do know at EBGames, they still ring up something when you pick the game up. They scan the barcode, and their computer prints me out a receipt showing that I have redeemed the prepay and picked up my game. So at least at EB, their system still records the transaction.
I just heard that Bill Gates and Paul Allen just purchased every copy of NCAA 06 and they plan to release it on June 29th.........2009 HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! All hail to microsoft !!!!!!! you guys are crazy !!!!! When it comes out, it comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2005, 01:43 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoh007
I just heard that Bill Gates and Paul Allen just purchased every copy of NCAA 06 and they plan to release it on June 29th.........2009 HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! All hail to microsoft !!!!!!! you guys are crazy !!!!! When it comes out, it comes out.
Uh, yeah, thanks for your input.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »