Home

Questions about weather conditions in NCAA 2005 and 06

This is a discussion on Questions about weather conditions in NCAA 2005 and 06 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-17-2005, 10:04 PM   #1
Rookie

gobucks123789's Arena

OVR: 2
Questions about weather conditions in NCAA 2005 and 06

have you ever had it snow during a dynasty mode game

i have personally never had this happen!

i mean does it happen or what

i had it be -2 degrees before and no percip. and even 40 degrees with some rain, but never snow

i have had some really weird conditions like on time it was the first game of the season i was ohio state and was facing usc at ohio stadium and it was 3 degrees outside and i live in columbus and that just don't happen in spetember
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
Rookie

mello's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Questions about weather conditions in NCAA 2005 and 06

Yeah, I've had it happen. Rarely, butit has happened nonetheless. There aren't a ton of snow games in real life anyway, but probably a little more so than in the game.
Old 06-18-2005, 02:48 PM   #3
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

yeah I've had it happen but it usually once in a blue moon.

Member of the Official OS Bills Backers Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Hell, I shot my grandmother, cuz she was old.
Old 06-18-2005, 04:48 PM   #4
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks123789
have you ever had it snow during a dynasty mode game
YES!

Oddly enough, it was a September 19th game in FAYETTEVILLE, Ark., with 22 degree temp and a constant snow throughout.

I was VERY surprised to see snow and AMAZED that is was that cold at that time of year. Heck, in Arkansas, even up in the hills like Fayetteville, the temp is still in the 90s in September.

FYI:

Records for Fayetteville on Sept 19:
Maximum temp = 99 in 1909
Minimum temp = 38 in 1901
Deepest snowfall = 0.00 inches

Best I can tell is it has never snowed in Fayetteville in September. Leave it to EAS!
Old 06-18-2005, 04:49 PM   #5
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

i've seen it two or three times. it is very, very rare, but if you think about it, how many games are played in snow-covered fields in reality? for instance, va tech hasn't played in a snowstorm in almost 10 years, and so it's not all that common. most schools keep tarp on the field anyway, so unless an area gets dumped with a blizzard during game time a la the pats playoff game in '01, snow-covered fields are not likely. ea needs to add snow w/o a covered field, imo that would be a lot more realistic.

edit: didn't see melo's post, ditto.

Last edited by BROman; 06-18-2005 at 04:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2005, 04:54 PM   #6
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
YES!

Oddly enough, it was a September 19th game in FAYETTEVILLE, Ark., with 22 degree temp and a constant snow throughout.

I was VERY surprised to see snow and AMAZED that is was that cold at that time of year. Heck, in Arkansas, even up in the hills like Fayetteville, the temp is still in the 90s in September.

FYI:

Records for Fayetteville on Sept 19:
Maximum temp = 99 in 1909
Minimum temp = 38 in 1901
Deepest snowfall = 0.00 inches

Best I can tell is it has never snowed in Fayetteville in September. Leave it to EAS!
It actually has snowed in Fayetteville in Sept(not to be argumentative). I came out of the movie "Seven" (I believe) and it was coming down. Not sticking, but snowing none the less.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:01 PM   #7
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
It actually has snowed in Fayetteville in Sept(not to be argumentative). I came out of the movie "Seven" (I believe) and it was coming down. Not sticking, but snowing none the less.
Well, excuuuuse me, lol...

I guess I should have been specific ... and I did some research ... there hasn't been any RECORDED MEASURABLE amounts of snow to fall in Fayetteville.
Old 06-19-2005, 01:18 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
Well, excuuuuse me, lol...

I guess I should have been specific ... and I did some research ... there hasn't been any RECORDED MEASURABLE amounts of snow to fall in Fayetteville.
I experienced this as well. I think it was a bug that sometimes occurred when you'd change your auto-generated non-conference schedule at the beginning of the season. At the start of one of the years of my Miami dynasty I changed a bye week in the first week of September to a game @ Missouri. When the teams took the field, it was -5, there was a blizzard, and the field was covered in snow...all in the first week of September. It happened again a couple of seasons later. I don't quite remember if this happened in NCAA 04 or if it was NCAA 05, but if it was NCAA 05, I sincerely hope the bug is fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »