Home

Rain Games

This is a discussion on Rain Games within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2005, 12:54 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 16
Rain Games

One of my only complaints each year usually has to do with rain games. I've never been happy with the way the rain games played. To me, it seemed like games played in the rain were incredibly high scoring, where the offense seemed to have a distinct advantage and the defense had trouble making plays on the slippery surface. In reality, rain games are usually sloppy, low scoring affairs, where both sides of the ball struggle. I remember playing a rain game against Purdue last year, and their QB had over 600 yards passing and 6TDs....on the All-American difficulty! But any other time I played in dry weather, I would rarely give up more than 250 years passing, including playing the Purdue game again and Horton struggled against me in dry weather.

So I'd really like to see rain games fixed in this year's verson to make it more realistic. In past years, when I'd get a rain game, I'd always restart until I got a clear day because I was so unhappy with the way the games played.

Last edited by SoxChamp; 06-18-2005 at 12:56 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Rain Games

I hated the rain games as well. They need to get rid of the green stained jerseys though.
Old 06-18-2005, 01:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree w/ both of you the gameplay stays the same and the jerseys r soo foney w/ the grass/mud stains. Also, I hate that you hear it thunder and w/ thunder is lightning and they call games off when they hear thunder or see lightning, so I would hope to see that changed!
Old 06-18-2005, 01:28 PM   #4
Mr. Brightside

Acid's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifiok25
I hated the rain games as well. They need to get rid of the green stained jerseys though.
That is one thing that is way overdone.

It's not that much of a problem to me, but if it were fixed it would be a great thing.

I don't like seeing my UCLA players in green.
But we all live in denial
Old 06-18-2005, 07:45 PM   #5
MVP

unc12003's Arena

OVR: 9

As UNC I once got 883 yards of offense and scored 107 points against clemson in the rain on heisman difficulty
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2005, 08:28 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc12003
As UNC I once got 883 yards of offense and scored 107 points against clemson in the rain on heisman difficulty
WHAT?!?!? Are you kidding? That's almost impossible. I wasnt some proof.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Jokerace's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaa2004
I agree w/ both of you the gameplay stays the same and the jerseys r soo foney w/ the grass/mud stains. Also, I hate that you hear it thunder and w/ thunder is lightning and they call games off when they hear thunder or see lightning, so I would hope to see that changed!
Huh? English please.
Old 06-18-2005, 10:19 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc12003
I can believe that. This is exactly what I'm talking about. I just don't feel rain games play realistic at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »