Home

POTD Tenn and Alabama

This is a discussion on POTD Tenn and Alabama within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2005, 10:57 AM   #33
Rookie

nine0bison's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: POTD Tenn and Alabama

In watching these videos, I've noticed some animation changes aside from better blocking animations. I noticed that the QBs actually swing their bodies around in an attempt to throw the ball properly instead of that dumb-*** animation from the past years that have plagued both NCAA and Madden. I've noticed that the play-action plays seem to work much better than last year. On a bad note, EA is still rehashing some of the same old cut scenes from previous versions. Every year EA claims to be working on these titles year round...I really would like to know how EA tackles game development...meaning how many people are actually involved and how things are delegated amongst this group.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:08 AM   #34
Rookie

GoBigOrange's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
Did they go back to black cleats for this year? And why is Riggs # 21, I know Simon changed his number to # 2 but I didn't know Riggs took Cedric's number??
The players voted to go back to the more traditional black cleats and are introducing black socks this year. They are also changing from screen-printed numbers to sewn-in numbers on their jerseys.

Please visit my website at footballjunkie.com
Old 06-22-2005, 11:17 AM   #35
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine0bison
In watching these videos, I've noticed some animation changes aside from better blocking animations. I noticed that the QBs actually swing their bodies around in an attempt to throw the ball properly instead of that dumb-*** animation from the past years that have plagued both NCAA and Madden. I've noticed that the play-action plays seem to work much better than last year. On a bad note, EA is still rehashing some of the same old cut scenes from previous versions. Every year EA claims to be working on these titles year round...I really would like to know how EA tackles game development...meaning how many people are actually involved and how things are delegated amongst this group.

There are a lot of brand new, really cool cut scenes (celebrations) I've seen in the videos. Regardless, one thing that PISSES ME OFF is that, in these scenes, there's absolutely no collision detection. How utterly low-quality to watch Danny Ware break a 30-yard run, celebrate, and then walk right through the hedges ...or to see the ref walk right through a player doing pushups ...or to watch the kicker jump into his lineman's arms, only to land inside the poor guy's torso ...

I'm with you on the "game development" issue. How can EA not only continue to include but even ADD MORE cutscenes without fixing this? Do they NOT notice these things!?!

I said it about the white facemasks and I'll say it again...Madden doesn't have these issues, and EA's NCAA team should be ashamed of itself for neglecting to fix issues like this, especially given that each year they're just updating a game rather than creating one from scratch...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 11:24 AM   #36
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

Addendum to what I wrote above: I will still buy the game. I will still enjoy the game. Gameplay is still the most important thing to me. But EA's lack of attention to these important details leads me to believe that they take their fan base for granted, and that pisses me off. At this point in its lifecycle--especially with the insane profits EA's turning--NCAA should be a polished diamond free of any annoying glitches. And it's not.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:28 AM   #37
T*mpl* *wls

ballerzinc's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Addendum to what I wrote above: I will still buy the game. I will still enjoy the game. Gameplay is still the most important thing to me. But EA's lack of attention to these important details leads me to believe that they take their fan base for granted, and that pisses me off. At this point in its lifecycle--especially with the insane profits EA's turning--NCAA should be a polished diamond free of any annoying glitches. And it's not.
I totally agree but at least it isn't gameplay. If there is no slowdown and the videos aren't lying than this game should be great.

Old 06-22-2005, 11:35 AM   #38
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballerzinc
I totally agree but at least it isn't gameplay. If there is no slowdown and the videos aren't lying than this game should be great.

True! From what I've seen in the vids, I will LOVE this game.

I'm not a *****/complainer by nature, just a perfectionist, and I get overrun by Hulk-like rage when the one game I wait for every year neglects to fix easy-to-fix problems. And the producers are so smug in their interviews: "That's something we looked into this year, but chose not to address. It remains a possibility for next year." Yeah, right.
Old 06-22-2005, 11:47 AM   #39
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

Only a couple more weeks until we have this game in our hands boys(and girls, maybe).
Old 06-22-2005, 11:48 AM   #40
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude
Only a couple more weeks until we have this game in our hands boys(and girls, maybe).
cant wait for the league, its gonna be great!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »