Home

Happy to see this game actually playing wide open like real college ball

This is a discussion on Happy to see this game actually playing wide open like real college ball within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-22-2005, 12:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Happy to see this game actually playing wide open like real college ball

I've been watching all the vids and I'm very happy to see all the big plays that are happening. I love to see the bombs completed and star players breaking double teams.

I read all the complaints that want everything toned down and I couldn't disagree more. Big plays happen a lot in the college game and I 've been hoping they would get back to the wide open exciting gameplay.

Anyone who has ever watched college football should be happy about these things. Who wants a boring lockdown fest, not I.

Also, for those people all bent out of shape about double coverage being beaten it does happen quite often at this level. Two examples: I'm a a big OSU fan and I watched helplessly a few years ago as Winslow Jr. almost single handedly cost OSU the National Championship. He was unstoppable in the 2nd half despite being double and triple teamed. Example 2 was this past year against Michigan: Braylon Edwards took over the game and if he didn't drop that pass the Buckeyes were looking at a loss. It didn't matter what coverage OSU threw at him, he was always wide open.

ohiost
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 12:18 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Happy to see this game actually playing wide open like real college ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiost
I've been watching all the vids and I'm very happy to see all the big plays that are happening. I love to see the bombs completed and star players breaking double teams.

I read all the complaints that want everything toned down and I couldn't disagree more. Big plays happen a lot in the college game and I 've been hoping they would get back to the wide open exciting gameplay.

Anyone who has ever watched college football should be happy about these things. Who wants a boring lockdown fest, not I.

Also, for those people all bent out of shape about double coverage being beaten it does happen quite often at this level. Two examples: I'm a a big OSU fan and I watched helplessly a few years ago as Winslow Jr. almost single handedly cost OSU the National Championship. He was unstoppable in the 2nd half despite being double and triple teamed. Example 2 was this past year against Michigan: Braylon Edwards took over the game and if he didn't drop that pass the Buckeyes were looking at a loss. It didn't matter what coverage OSU threw at him, he was always wide open.

ohiost
I've watched tons of college football games and yes there are lots of huge plays in this game. I like the wide open gameplay. I don't know why so many people whine when somebody completes a bomb for a touchdown. It's part of the game. The excitement of college football is like none other. I'm happy we're going to see this type of gameplay. What do y'all want, that garbage we saw last year with every short pass being dropped? I don't think so.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:

ohiost
You have a great point bro. Good post.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #4
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

ohiost
This guy obviously knows a thing or 2 about college football. He could not be more right about CFB being about the big play and the PTPer's(Prime TIME Performers). If you guys think back on the last game of the season, USC walked over and through the Sooners. I dont remember the score but it wasnt 21-14. This is why CFB rules. It's all in the numbers guys. So naysayers go sing to the choir!
Old 06-22-2005, 12:32 PM   #5
MVP

Amen to that. That poster makes some great points. CFB is about big plays and anybody who disagrees with that should watch some CFB games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2005, 12:41 PM   #6
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14

I definitely don't mind seeing the wide open game play. I'm looking forward to actually breaking away for long TD run's. If this works as stated, where the RB's (with breakaway speed) can run without having a DL catch him from behind, this will be great. There should be a good mix of defensive battles and offensive shoot outs. I know this has been requested every year, but it would really be cool if the teams played similar to their real life counterparts: ex. if playing Texas Tech, be prepared for a shootout, if playing Penn State, be prepared for smothering "D" and limited "O." Running teams should run, Passing teams pass, etc.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:45 PM   #7
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Nick Saban is arguably a defensive genius and yet look how Iowa threw deep to a wide open receiver at the end of his bowl game to beat LSU. Totally blown coverage that would cause most video game players to say the CPU cheated, blah, blah, blah.

Personally, I don't follow college football much and just watch the occasional Michigan game and bowl games. I'm a huge NFL fan but after being slightly disappointed with both 2K5 and Madden 2005 last year, I am looking forward to NCAA 2005. Maybe I just want a change with all the different styles of play in college (wishbone, option, fun n gun). I've never bought NCAA before and its hard to even rent here in Canada so I'm curious. I wonder how many people prefer NCAA in the video game world even if they like the NFL better? That's a whole other topic though.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:50 PM   #8
MVP

You're right. When I was reading the thread about the Bama/Tennessee POTD people were saying that the CPU won because they cheated. That is so false.

Great defensive teams have blown coverage at times. No defense is perfect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »