Home

I'm jaded....

This is a discussion on I'm jaded.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #1
Banned

stellastarr's Arena

OVR: 2
I'm jaded....

I'm torn between getting either ncaa or madden 2006 for xbox. I am buying xbox360 at launch and don't want to buy both games, because I'd like to get Madden for 360. The only thing is, I won't be able to get my professional football game on till November probably. I am easily more of a fan of NFL over Ncaa. But dont' get me wrong, I bought ncaa 2004 and had fun with it. The only ncaa title I ever bought. I just got that itch, for some football... ya know? Just a little help here, friends... And if I get NCAA 06', will some people play some cheese-free football with me on LIVE?? I will only be playing football and Halo 2 (for my halo freaks out there) this summer on LIVE.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 08:30 AM   #2
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: I'm jaded....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastarr
I'm torn between getting either ncaa or madden 2006 for xbox. I am buying xbox360 at launch and don't want to buy both games, because I'd like to get Madden for 360. The only thing is, I won't be able to get my professional football game on till November probably. I am easily more of a fan of NFL over Ncaa. But dont' get me wrong, I bought ncaa 2004 and had fun with it. The only ncaa title I ever bought. I just got that itch, for some football... ya know? Just a little help here, friends... And if I get NCAA 06', will some people play some cheese-free football with me on LIVE?? I will only be playing football and Halo 2 (for my halo freaks out there) this summer on LIVE.
Just get NCAA, by the time Madden comes out for 360, you could probably still get $30 for NCAA on eBay or something. That way you get both games and don't have to pay the full price.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Old 06-24-2005, 08:33 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
Just get NCAA, by the time Madden comes out for 360, you could probably still get $30 for NCAA on eBay or something. That way you get both games and don't have to pay the full price.
I agree, you gotta get NCAA!
Old 06-24-2005, 09:17 AM   #4
Banned

stellastarr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I agree, you gotta get NCAA!
Is NCAA that much better than Madden? also, are you guys NFL fans?
Old 06-24-2005, 09:27 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Tough call, I know I'm getting NCAA...for a couple of reasons...

1. My roommate is getting Madden so there is no point to getting Madden
2. NCAA comes out over a month before Madden
3. I love the college game and NCAA is as sweet as it gets
4. I like the NFL a lot, but it just isn't college ball...

It's all up to you, personally I would get NCAA, but I don't know how much of a fan you are of College vs. NFL and so on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2005, 09:43 AM   #6
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellastarr
Is NCAA that much better than Madden? also, are you guys NFL fans?
I'm like you. I'm a much bigger fan of the NFL but everything I've read about NCAA sounds great. I think I will be picking up NCAA myself (which would be a first) but will still probably get Madden. Defensively the game gets stale on Madden after awhile which is why NCAA might be a nice break with the different styles of offense. Plus, if it does have the best gameplay, it will be great regardless.
Old 06-24-2005, 09:53 AM   #7
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm getting both versions of Madden. The way I see it, I should be done with four years or so of both the XBOX versions of Madden and NCAA, and the 360 version will just be for some exhibitions with friends as well as online stuff. There's too big a gap between when Madden comes out in August and when it launches with the 360 in November. If the dates were a little closer, I'd definitely wait, but 3 months or so is too long to go without NFL football for me at least.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:02 AM   #8
Banned

stellastarr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8fuldave
I'm getting both versions of Madden. The way I see it, I should be done with four years or so of both the XBOX versions of Madden and NCAA, and the 360 version will just be for some exhibitions with friends as well as online stuff. There's too big a gap between when Madden comes out in August and when it launches with the 360 in November. If the dates were a little closer, I'd definitely wait, but 3 months or so is too long to go without NFL football for me at least.
that's the part i hate, too long of a wait.... but I might do it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »