Home

IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable?

This is a discussion on IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2005, 11:08 AM   #17
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
lol the lack of knowledge in this thread is frightening. Component cables ARE hd cables. AFAIK neither xbox or ps2 at this point support hdmi, although there may be a 3rd party kit out there somewhere. Svideo will be an upgrade over the cables that come in the box, but wont allow for HD picture. Component is what you need, dont know what HD cables are but component is what the xbox or ps2 use for hi def video output
Wrong.

You can buy XBOX HD cables--yes, the box actually says "HD cables"--for $20. It's first-party Microsoft. I don't know if that's what you mean by "component," but the HD pack is what I bought last week at Best Buy.

Don't know about PS2.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:50 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD cable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthgradetyrant
Wrong.

You can buy XBOX HD cables--yes, the box actually says "HD cables"--for $20. It's first-party Microsoft. I don't know if that's what you mean by "component," but the HD pack is what I bought last week at Best Buy.

Don't know about PS2.
There is no such thing as a HD cable. This is just clever marketing by MS. Component cable is what you need. The HD pack is nothing more than a component cable hookup.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:05 PM   #19
nxt
H**sm*n

nxt's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimpDogg
There is no such thing as a HD cable. This is just clever marketing by MS. Component cable is what you need. The HD pack is nothing more than a component cable hookup.
Yes, the XBOX HD AV Pack are for use with COMPONENT cables. The "XBOX High Definition AV Pack" name or whatever they are called are for marketing to the layman. In order to eliminate the confusion with kids and other people that aren't really knowledgable about audio/video terminology MS or whichever 3rd party companies will call their component cables, "HD cables," since I'm sure that's what many people/kids ask for when looking for this product in the stores. Most people do not know the different video cable names in general (component, s-video, composite, dvi), let alone which one is used for an HD source.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:44 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Wrong.

Don't know about PS2.
sigh
Old 06-29-2005, 11:17 AM   #21
Rookie

dawgs18's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
sigh
Yeah, really, lol. Ok, so I am gathering from all the info here that if you have component cables for Xbox then you don't need the "HD cables" cause it's basically the same thing. Correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2005, 11:27 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Wrong.

Don't know about PS2.

Component cables are an HD cable man. Believe me I know this. There are HDMI, DVI, component, s-video, and composite cables. Game systems only use component (which transfers the HD signal also can be called HD cables if you wish), s-video, and composite.

The HD cables from Microsoft are the same thing as Monster component cables.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:28 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgs18
Yeah, really, lol. Ok, so I am gathering from all the info here that if you have component cables for Xbox then you don't need the "HD cables" cause it's basically the same thing. Correct?

They are the same exact cable. They are both a component cable. Just a different brand. It comes down to preference.
Old 06-29-2005, 11:29 AM   #24
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: IS their a big difference between using the S/video Cable by madcatz or the HD ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by billsjunkie
The HD cables from Microsoft are the same thing as Monster component cables.
They are the same as in connections, but not as in quality. I found the ones that came with the HD Pack are not as good as componant cables you can buy at Best Buy or whatever. You don't have to get the top of the line THX certified Monster cables, but there are some much better ones than the ones that come with the HD pack.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »