Home

SEC Fans: Known Running Back Ratings

This is a discussion on SEC Fans: Known Running Back Ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-30-2005, 06:29 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: SEC Fans: Known Running Back Ratings

Here, add another to your list.

Jerious Norwood- HB #12 Mississippi State---90 overall.

For those who left this one out, look for him to have a BREAKOUT senior season. His carries will be up from last year with the Fred Reid gone. Not to mention, he had an outstanding year last year on a very poor team. Again, while the Bulldogs might not be a very good team this year, they will have a very talented running back. Hey, who knows, maybe they will put together a solid year?.....it could happen.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:35 PM   #34
Rookie

ufox1810's Arena

OVR: 4

Well as for Wynn not being #2, that completely depends on where you get your information. Not every list is the same, but I'm sure you already know this. According to Rivals Fason was actually the #1 running back in the nation that year. According to some other places he was anywhere from #1 to #5.

Sorry about the run. I made a mistake. And in the UT game, I was there too, is was a clear drop. He had beaten the man guarding him and the ball went right through his hands. He had maybe 10 yards to the end zone.

As for the spring he may have worked very hard, but so do lots of guys. Willie Green was supposed to be a great hard working back at one time for UF and couldn't stop getting hurt, but typically had monster springs. And I'm sure I don't need to mention Dallas Baker. I'm just saying Wynn rarely translates it on to the field. He has that occasional burst or a decent game, but so far is not living up to what he was expected to be. Therefore, I would not give him an 88. If he establishes himself as the #1 and puts together some good games to open the season then maybe, but I see Manson and Thornton getting a good number of carries too.

Put it this way. Fason started NCAA 2005 as an 88. To me Fason deserved that rating more going into last season than Wynn does going into this season.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:50 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 2

I edited the list and added a few more I found. on a side note, are the ratings grossly inflated this year or is it just me? A did a bit of research and took the winningest teams in the SEC the past three seasons (Auburn and LSU) and compared. So far we know that Auburn has at least 8 players rated 90 or higher. In the previous installments of NCAA 05, 04, and 03 Auburn had 3, 4, and 2 players rated 90 or higher, resepectively. LSU's squad in NCAA 2005 was unreal on talent and speed, having 9 players at 90 or better and 19 at 85 or better. Auburn has 14 or 15 players at 85 or better, and less than 1/3 of AU's team ratings have been disclosed. This is for a team ranked #20.

Last edited by mcculac; 06-30-2005 at 07:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-30-2005, 06:54 PM   #36
Rookie

ThaFranchise_10's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbacker
Where'd you find this info?

Just curious what other freshmen are in for Arkansas.
I asked the guy over at MaddenNation about some Arkansas ratings... We could only ask for a few so these are the ones I got.

Robert Johnson - QB #18 - Soph. (78Ovr, 84 Spd, 65 Awr, 90 THP, 74 THA)
Darren McFadden - HB #5 - Fresh. (80 Ovr,93 Spd)
Peyton Hillis - FB #22 - Soph. (94Ovr,84 Spd,82 Btk,74 Str)
Marcus Monk - WR #85 - Soph. (78 Ovr, 87 Spd, 82 Catch, 84 JMP)

And D'Arrius Howard is rated an 87 Ovr so it's not as bad as originally put in this thread but I agree... Monk at a 78 is absoluetly crazy

6'6" and right aroun 230 pounds... catches everything in his zip code and still manages to run a 4.5 40. He can jump too but hasn't really shown it on the football field because he's had the size to not have to use it yet. I still find it hard to believe all those years I watched him in Lepanto at EPC he was more of a standout on the basketball court than the football field.

Last edited by ThaFranchise_10; 06-30-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-30-2005, 06:57 PM   #37
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHguy00
Should Alley Broussard and Joseph Addai both be rated higher than Justin Vincent? I don't get to see too much of LSU, but I thought Vincent was the best back out of those three?
The guys over at utopiafootball.com have a copy of NCAA 06, and they have a video using Broussard to demonstrate the truck(cover ball) stick in action. If it's any indication of what the inside game is like this year, LSU fans (and fans of the power running game in general) are going to be pleased. You may have to register to view this:

http://utopiafootball.com/trickyd/truck_stick.mpg
Old 06-30-2005, 08:41 PM   #38
Rookie

jk5911's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
man, you talk about overrated.

and this is coming from a Hog fan.

I agree, way overrated and I'm a hogfan too. Oh well, at least it will help me in online play. Anyone know what Arkansas QB's are rated?
Old 06-30-2005, 09:02 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
This is for a team ranked #20.
They're just the Athlon ratings.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:03 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcculac
I edited the list and added a few more I found. on a side note, are the ratings grossly inflated this year or is it just me? A did a bit of research and took the winningest teams in the SEC the past three seasons (Auburn and LSU) and compared. So far we know that Auburn has at least 8 players rated 90 or higher. In the previous installments of NCAA 05, 04, and 03 Auburn had 3, 4, and 2 players rated 90 or higher, resepectively. LSU's squad in NCAA 2005 was unreal on talent and speed, having 9 players at 90 or better and 19 at 85 or better. Auburn has 14 or 15 players at 85 or better, and less than 1/3 of AU's team ratings have been disclosed. This is for a team ranked #20.
It has to do with the fact that when they increase the number of players on a roster they switched from 6 bit to 5 bit for the ratings (Sorry I'm not a computer guru and may have said that wrong). Where in 2004 and before players could be rated anywhere from 36-99, now they can only be rated between 40-99 and actually only use 32 of those 59 digits. Look at last years game if you want, but won't see anyone with a rating of 46 for instance. You can olnly have the below ratings:

So basically from 84-99 is half of the possible ratings value available to a player so you are going to see higher ratings. If you want in the NCAA Roster forum I posted a thread a month or so ago with a link to utopiafootball where we figured this out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »