Home

Need help with hubby

This is a discussion on Need help with hubby within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
Rookie

sorceri's Arena

OVR: 2
Need help with hubby

Some advise please )

I want to use a cup-cake created team in my '06 dynasty. I was thinking of playing as an independent, but I would consider replacing a conference team I suppose. The question is - which teams would be candidates for replacement? Please tell me who YOU think I should replace and why that team shouldn't be playing in my dynasty.

Also, I will be using all randomly generated players except for my husband. He played back in the early 80's and I am going to create him for my team. The problem is his giant, big, ego-inflated head. Remember the saying "The older I get, the better I was." - well he thinks I should make him a 90+ rated DT. He was pretty good, 2nd team all-state in Texas his senior year of high school and played at Texas Tech where we met. But I think a player from that era wouldn't compare well to the athletes of today, well except maybe in awareness - which seems so lacking in real football today. So I was thinking mid or high 70 rating for him. What do ya'll think, and why?

I've changed my mind back and forth so many times on these two issues any advise would be welcome, especially since we are just days away from the game! Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2005, 03:42 PM   #2
Mr. N*c*

WhiskeyD0G's Arena

OVR: 4
Arrow Re: Need help with hubby

Give him a 69 and cut him!
Old 07-02-2005, 03:43 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Need help with hubby

Replace Duke in the ACC. You get to play in the new ACC with 2 divisions in the conference plus you play against top competition in FSU, Miami, Va Tech....

If you are creating your husband as a freshman, make him a low 70's rated player to begin with and hopefully for him he will progress well over his career. On a cupcake team he could end up being the impact player. Good luck.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8

I just think it is cool that he has a wife who likes to play NCAA 2006

Then again, if my wife liked the game I would have to share it... hmmm.. I still think it is cool.
Old 07-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #5
Pro

AugustWest71's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't think a cupcake team could hang in the ACC. I would replace San Jose State in the WAC. The biggest competition would be Boise St.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2005, 04:03 PM   #6
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceri

Also, I will be using all randomly generated players except for my husband. He played back in the early 80's and I am going to create him for my team. The problem is his giant, big, ego-inflated head. Remember the saying "The older I get, the better I was." - well he thinks I should make him a 90+ rated DT. He was pretty good, 2nd team all-state in Texas his senior year of high school and played at Texas Tech where we met.
s
I'd tell him "why should I make you so good when you didn't even make it to the NFL" (i'm assuming on that, wonder if he played in the CFL?)

Oh i'd replace a team from the WAC and play there.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 07-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #7
Rookie

sorceri's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsmanTO
I'd tell him "why should I make you so good when you didn't even make it to the NFL" (i'm assuming on that, wonder if he played in the CFL?)

Oh i'd replace a team from the WAC and play there.
No, we had two beautiful little girls that were born before he graduated from college. He is entirely devoted to our family. And by the way, he plays WAY more than I do but it is still something that we enjoy doing together. NCAA is the only game we ever play although I know he has a madden one but I don't like that game. I just wish I could create my granddaughters as cheerleaders in the game, they would literally flip-out! (HA!).

Last edited by sorceri; 07-02-2005 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-02-2005, 05:09 PM   #8
Q**tt*rs N*V*R W*n

Replace a team from the Sun Belt like UL-Monroe.

A cupcake team can hold its own in this conference -- unlike the ACC where you would be destroyed.

Also, you can compete against teams in Utah, Louisiana, and TEXAS!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »