Home

Football Strategy

This is a discussion on Football Strategy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2005, 07:48 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Football Strategy

Last year i used the create a playbook feature to its fullest.
I love the option because of the threat it causes but i also love the shotgun and deep passes because i grew up in spurrier-land.

I had 4 different shotgun sets, 1 ace set (i think trips), the power I, flexbone, wishbone, and Strong I.

I would mix up the option and deep pass about 40% each and the final 20% was split between power runs and screens. Against other people (ie my friends) i was unbeatable because if they set up for something i would beat it with something different.

Also having all my plays in audible set differently allowed me to run the no-huddle with 6 plays at my disposal, which allowed them even less of an idea about what the heck i was gonna do next.
Old 07-09-2005, 07:44 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jucyfruit123
Last year i used the create a playbook feature to its fullest.
I love the option because of the threat it causes but i also love the shotgun and deep passes because i grew up in spurrier-land.

I had 4 different shotgun sets, 1 ace set (i think trips), the power I, flexbone, wishbone, and Strong I.

I would mix up the option and deep pass about 40% each and the final 20% was split between power runs and screens. Against other people (ie my friends) i was unbeatable because if they set up for something i would beat it with something different.

Also having all my plays in audible set differently allowed me to run the no-huddle with 6 plays at my disposal, which allowed them even less of an idea about what the heck i was gonna do next.
thanks for the replys, keep them coming!

brian
Old 07-09-2005, 09:37 PM   #19
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

unless the other teams safeties are really good there is a time when the wideout passes the corner on a fly route that you can hit him down the sideline in front of the safety. otherwise, run verticals to beat the cover two. it's simple math, two deep safeties can't cover 3 offensive players. it doesn't matter whether it's two wideouts and a tight end or 3 wideouts. i prefer the first because the speed variation will force the safeties to go deep with the wideouts and the tight end comes wide open after clearing the linebackers.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:42 PM   #20
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

on defense i like variation. zone blitzes are my favorite but you have to run a little of everything to keep your opponent honest. most of my blitzing comes from the face side of the qb to make throwing on the run much harder. bringing the ball back across their body before throwing kills their accuracy and also takes alot of time allowing defenders an extra second to get the sack.
Old 07-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Are you guys using the cover 2 man or cover 2 zone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 10:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFly
Best way to beat a Cover 2, at least in Madden, are the corner post patterns by the slot receivers in three or four wide sets. While playing online, nobody could stop that at the corners. If you see guys move Moss or TO to the slot, that's what they are planning on doing.
That really ticked me off on Madden. Though I do admit it that I did get some payback, by bombing it to Kevin Curtis and Shaun McDonald during some plays, but not as much as some people did.
San Antonio Spurs
Virginia Tech Hokies (Football)
Duke Blue Devils (Basketball)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »