Home

And so it begins

This is a discussion on And so it begins within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-09-2005, 11:52 AM   #17
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: And so it begins

I thought NCAA 2005 was the best in the series history except for one flaw the Bomb. The bomb was bad in NCAA because they use the engine of the previous years Madden, which was a lobfest. Now my one complaint with last years madden was the lack of the deep ball and the underneath stuff worked way to well. Lets hope this guy just sucks at covering the pass and NCAA 06' is somewhere in between.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:45 PM   #18
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
if ya dont play random people online and only play guys you know then deep ball cheesers wont effect ya.

i hardly ever play random people online in any game.
But that's really not the point. If someone plays great D and the O has no choice but to throw deep(Say 3rd and 20 or more) and he can complete it 75% of the time then cheese has nothing to do with it and the game is flawed.
If however you play someone who throws deep every other play then yes that is cheese. Bottom line is, IF they are that easy to complete then there's a problem.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:51 PM   #19
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

is this so called 'bombfest' effective on heisman?
Old 07-09-2005, 01:24 PM   #20
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHguy00
I really hope you're right. I'd hate to have bombs completed on me all game if I have to play a random online game.

Now if only I could find this damn game. EG, you live in the Cleveland area, have you found it yet?
Yeah, I found it in Mentor at FYE. Game is awesome!
Old 07-09-2005, 01:51 PM   #21
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
People may complain about Madden, but this BS doesnt go there.

#1 Miracle Deep balls in TRIPLE COVERAGE. NCAA is a damn lob fest online, hell offline too. Doesnt matter what u do.......if u know how to do it.......u can lob your way to a win.

#2 U can only play with VERY GOOD teams online. You rarely see upsets if someone plays a B team versus an A plus team, no matter how good the B team player is.

#3 Sloooooowwww reaction online. God, Im thinking.....I wish I had PC Madden speed here. Im just about breaking my analog stick to get good players to move.

#4 Shotgun fest. NCAA is a shotgun fest. BORING. The run is WAY TOO EFFECTIVE from the shotgun.

#5 Playbooks....offense and defensive...suck. I thought Madden has been limited........um no, not compared to NCAA. How about a little more variety there.

#6 Blitzing up the middle....way too effective. I mean come on. If you have fast LBs.....u can run the same blitz.....ON EVERY PLAY and it will get to the QB 90% of the time.

There is more....but......
The only reason I buy this game every year is a distraction til Madden (PC) comes out.

NCAA is a good singleplayer experience.....for the most part. However, It HUGE flaws (worse than Madden ever was) comes out in 2 player mode.
I've luckily had the game since the fourth and have put in about 8 games head to head and about 10-12 online. The best thing is to play people you know. If thats not possible then look at their stats - EA does a pretty good job in the number of categories you can see how a person is playing - and make an educated guess as to how they play and if you even want to play them at all.

#1 - Not nearly as true as he says. I'm sure some money plays will come up and a cheeser is a cheeser is a cheeser but 06 is no where near the lob/bomb fest 05 was. Bombing online in 05 was a game killer...in 06 you can give up the big play on a pass if you're in the wrong coverage but more often than not your not gonna have the average online guy slide a bomb through 2-3 man coverage unless your playing to totally unbalanced teams.

#2 - again not true. The balance of the teams seems even greater this year minus the one or two teams at the top -- USC for example. For the most part any team within a reasonable rating if played right and preferably against a straight opponent can play any one tough and win on the road. The rating swings arent there this year with HFA. Meaning you can win on the road.

#3 - I agree. There is some serious slowdown online with PS2 which may only get worse as more people hit the server. Sometimes the game doesnt feel as responsive as it should.

#4 - Nope wrong again. The defense has a multiple of schemes with combinations of spies and blitzes that can control any option attack. The defensive playbook is more advanced and effective than at any other point in the series.

#5 - I dont really see the limits to the playbooks especially since you have all 119 to choose from and then some...I'm more impressed that all the plays actually work - including reverses and other notoriously "broken" plays. The fact that a lot of plays were put back makes 06 a lot more open in terms of playcalling than 05 ever was.

#6. If you're running 4-5 wides out of shotgun and the defense is blitzing 6-7-8 players your gonna get beat. Keep your TE, FB or TB in to block and your not gonna get pounded. Add to that the auto sprint with the x button (PS2) and you can move the QB around a little for the extra second or two.

The guy is a madden homer. Of course he's gonna have problems. Most NCAA guys will like 06. Its a hybrid of 04-05 and will be a lot of fun to play against people who play realistically online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-09-2005, 02:23 PM   #22
Rookie

Illcat's Arena

OVR: 3

I have had the game since Tuesday and he has some valid points

#1 Miracle Deep balls in TRIPLE COVERAGE. NCAA is a damn lob fest online, hell offline too. Doesnt matter what u do.......if u know how to do it.......u can lob your way to a win.

Agree- even the CPU does it against you and there seems to be little that you can do except hope. When the ball is in the air the balance favors the WR no matter what position the DB has. I promise you next week playing random games online will be miserable.

#2 U can only play with VERY GOOD teams online. You rarely see upsets if someone plays a B team versus an A plus team, no matter how good the B team player is.

I havent really toyed with this yet to test the validity.

#3 Sloooooowwww reaction online. God, Im thinking.....I wish I had PC Madden speed here. Im just about breaking my analog stick to get good players to move.

I have the x box version and there is a noticable delay that affects your timing and I think this is crucial because football is a game that depends on timing. Not only that but there is slowdown too.

#4 Shotgun fest. NCAA is a shotgun fest. BORING. The run is WAY TOO EFFECTIVE from the shotgun.

Kinda indifferent on this. I think the running game is a bit juiced but I havent been killed yet by shotgun draws or speed options

#5 Playbooks....offense and defensive...suck. I thought Madden has been limited........um no, not compared to NCAA. How about a little more variety there.

Disagree- For me they are fine but thats just me

#6 Blitzing up the middle....way too effective. I mean come on. If you have fast LBs.....u can run the same blitz.....ON EVERY PLAY and it will get to the QB 90% of the time.

Uhh....hell yeah and you watch in horror as your FB or TB take terrible angles to block the LB and the next thing you know you are on your back. Cheesers will be doing this fa sho!
Old 07-09-2005, 02:46 PM   #23
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

On AA, you can complete bombs 75% of the time in perfect coverage and it SUCKS...I have a friend who does this and was 5 of 7 in bombs against Iowa with Miami. Yes, they are all user, but when the defenders have perfect position, its pretty stupid to be able to complete the bombs perfectly. the problem is that the accuracy of the throws is too high...on Heisman, the bomb is much more rare...Heisman is the way to go this year! I love the game on Heisman, and just like it on AA
Old 07-09-2005, 02:59 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why not just adjust the sliders accordingly?

In Madden 2005 the QB ACC was waay skewed and the QBs were too accurate, thus you needed to adjust the sliders a lot down.

Try some sliders.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »