Home

NCAA Football 06 Review (Xbox)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 06 Review (Xbox) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2005, 11:37 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA Football 06 Review (Xbox)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8bit
I dunno man, IMO Bdunn and Fetter muffed the ncaa 2005 review. Check out this closing paragraph for the game(ncaa 2005)-

It just happens to work out well since it’s hard to imagine anyone doing a better job of developing a full college football experience than what EA has done. Sure if you look hard enough you’re going find a couple of problems with the game here or there, but despite a couple of minor flaws “NCAA 2005” should be right there in the mix competing with the other games on the market for the ever so coveted “Stevie” for this year’s best football game or possibly even Game of the Year.

this quote gave me goosbumps reading. Completely the opposite of what Ncaa 2005 was to me.-

If you have enjoyed this game in the past, its highly unlikely your feeling for this iteration will be any different. EA Tiburon has added depth to the series with the addition of Home Field Advantage, composure and Xbox Live. Despite a few pit falls, “NCAA 2005” is a solid rendition of college football.
This is exactly what I am saying! If last years got good reviews, yet to a majority of people it was a disapointment ( I personally thought it was aweful) and there are several comparisons to last years saying "hasn't changed much" then what is to like about the game and making it 4/5 worthy?! The same pinball running? Boring repetitive commentary? Easy bomb passing? Cartoon graphics? Excellent tackling which they ignorantly chose to use in the commercial where player gets hit from behind and falls backwards? This is what I don't get! But ooh, those less washed out graphics and fat shirtless guy in the stands with rainbow wig, now that will definately get my wallet out.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:56 PM   #58
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB33
This is exactly what I am saying! If last years got good reviews, yet to a majority of people it was a disapointment ( I personally thought it was aweful) and there are several comparisons to last years saying "hasn't changed much" then what is to like about the game and making it 4/5 worthy?! The same pinball running? Boring repetitive commentary? Easy bomb passing? Cartoon graphics? Excellent tackling which they ignorantly chose to use in the commercial where player gets hit from behind and falls backwards? This is what I don't get! But ooh, those less washed out graphics and fat shirtless guy in the stands with rainbow wig, now that will definately get my wallet out.
I thought you said you hadn't played the game?
Old 07-12-2005, 01:08 AM   #59
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
yeah, i definantly think that the reviews written here are well above even website reviews, mainly for the fact that they talk about THE GAME and dont spend 4 pages reinstating the features of the game that can be found on the back of the box. The reviews here are meant for people who already know about the game(the hardcore) and skip straight to the good stuff. If you dont know **** about ncaa at this point(shame on you), then the ign type reviews of the world are made for you.
Lets be fair to IGN.. They review games from all genres among other things.. OS only does sports games, this entitles them to be more indepth..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 07-12-2005, 01:16 AM   #60
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
I dunno man, IMO Bdunn and Fetter muffed the ncaa 2005 review. Check out this closing paragraph for the game(ncaa 2005)-

With 989’s canceling of the "GameBreaker" series for the year, and still no word of any future plans of a Sega College game we’re only given “NCAA 2005” to fill our college football needs this season. It just happens to work out well since it’s hard to imagine anyone doing a better job of developing a full college football experience than what EA has done. Sure if you look hard enough you’re going find a couple of problems with the game here or there, but despite a couple of minor flaws “NCAA 2005” should be right there in the mix competing with the other games on the market for the ever so coveted “Stevie” for this year’s best football game or possibly even Game of the Year.

this quote gave me goosbumps reading. Completely the opposite of what Ncaa 2005 was to me.-

If you have enjoyed this game in the past, its highly unlikely your feeling for this iteration will be any different. EA Tiburon has added depth to the series with the addition of Home Field Advantage, composure and Xbox Live. Despite a few pit falls, “NCAA 2005” is a solid rendition of college football.

Funny.. Wasn't NCAA 2005 voted as biggest disapointment of 04.. & I love the, if you look hard enough line.. Yeah.. Didn't have to look too hard to see all the dropped passes, & awful slowdown.. Or the 10 yard volley ball tipsy's.. These are not minor.. & then Steve thinks it could be game of the yr?? I know opinions varies, but that threw me for a loop.. Many ppl thought 2005 was was a step down from 04, me included..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 07-12-2005, 01:18 AM   #61
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Lets be fair to IGN.. They review games from all genres among other things.. OS only does sports games, this entitles them to be more indepth..
IGN and OS simply write for different audiences.
Old 07-12-2005, 01:27 AM   #62
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

How about this. Give Mark credit where it's due for writing one heck of an article, go pick up the game, play it some, form your own opinions, if you like it, that's great, if you don't take it back but atleast give the game a shot before critising others.
Old 07-12-2005, 02:30 AM   #63
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Excellent review, spot on.
Old 07-12-2005, 03:56 AM   #64
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude
How about this. Give Mark credit where it's due for writing one heck of an article, go pick up the game, play it some, form your own opinions, if you like it, that's great, if you don't take it back but atleast give the game a shot before critising others.
Sorry, that's a logical non sequiter. He's not criticizing the review of '06, he's criticizing the review of '05 by noting that OS gave the game high marks when it was released and then turned around and tagged it the most disappointing game of the year a few months later. Is it fair for someone to be skeptical of positive reviews from sources that essentially missed the boat last year on some major, major gameplay issues? Absolutely.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »