Home

Rented Xbox & PS2 versions.....

This is a discussion on Rented Xbox & PS2 versions..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2005, 08:54 PM   #9
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Rented Xbox & PS2 versions.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
The xbox version is cleaner but the ps2 version is brighter if that makes sense. The colors are more vibrant in the ps2 version but it is rougher and not as clean looking as the xbox
Hmm, that may be true. I noticed that they were more colorful than last year, but I didn't compare the two in terms of how brightly colored they were. I definitely like that they're not as washed out this year.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 07-12-2005, 09:26 PM   #10
Banned

Geekboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazhirui
Hmm, that may be true. I noticed that they were more colorful than last year, but I didn't compare the two in terms of how brightly colored they were. I definitely like that they're not as washed out this year.
You're looking at the two games on 'different' monitors. You have to look on the SAME television like I'm doing.

Haven't you been to a place like Circuit City or Best Buy and seen the same movie playing on different monitors and they are clearly different. Even if they are the same brand monitors.....adjustments can be different, etc.

I work at a tv station and I have about 25 different monitors in front of me when doing commercial spots. They are ALL different. The only way to do an accurate comparison is on the SAME monitor which is what I'm doing!
Old 07-12-2005, 10:38 PM   #11
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekboy
You're looking at the two games on 'different' monitors. You have to look on the SAME television like I'm doing.
No, they were identical game stations that the games were running on. The difference is that one had an xbox hooked up running NCAA '06 and the other had a PS2 hooked up running NCAA '06 (and it didn't look as good). The advantage I had over you is that they were running side by side, and I didn't have to rely on my memory of what the other version looked like.

Besides, it had nothing to do with picture quality, it had to do with graphic quality. The xbox's was better. It has better hardware, it should look better.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2005, 10:57 PM   #12
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

The xbox graphics are way better, case closed. Details are better, players are more defined, uniforms blend smoother and the overall look of the game is just cleaner. I can't see what you mean by the PS2 version being better in any way, sorry bro.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:10 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguit
The xbox graphics are way better, case closed. Details are better, players are more defined, uniforms blend smoother and the overall look of the game is just cleaner. I can't see what you mean by the PS2 version being better in any way, sorry bro.
What basis are you using for the above statement?

Let me guess.... you're playing on the Xbox.

I posted the same stuff yesterday in regards to PS2 looking better, and I'm primarily and XBox player, and got blasted. This community can not have a civil discussion on PS2 vs the Box.
Old 07-12-2005, 11:25 PM   #14
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua
What basis are you using for the above statement?

Let me guess.... you're playing on the Xbox.

I posted the same stuff yesterday in regards to PS2 looking better, and I'm primarily and XBox player, and got blasted. This community can not have a civil discussion on PS2 vs the Box.
Haha, that's so true, people just get ridiculously offended. How can you tell someone their own personal preferences are wrong? Haha, if you think PS2 looks better then great; if you think Xbox looks better, that's great too. How can you tell someone they're wrong for what they think?? Some of these dudes just get crazy...

Old 07-12-2005, 11:26 PM   #15
MVP

faster's Arena

OVR: 13

What basis? Perhaps having both systems in front of my 57 inch TV would do. I don't own both, but I do have a few buddies who always want to SEE everything on my TV.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 12:15 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 6

the grass textures are improved this year on xbox but no where close to what they should/can be. They still look like they didn't get enough water. Why can't they be as good as the ps2 ones ? I would think this would be an easy fix for EA to make.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »