Home

HDTV Owners - Your thoughts on Graphics

This is a discussion on HDTV Owners - Your thoughts on Graphics within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2005, 10:47 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: HDTV Owners - Your thoughts on Graphics

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
This one retracts into the ceiling, while our other one was a fixed wall-screen.
Sorry for the OT guys, but which do you prefer? In my last house (just sold and moved in May), I had a 119" DaLite HC Cinema Vision screen (fixed, and it had a really nice frame with felt trim). I'm researching custom builders for me next home right now and plan to do another dedicated media room with a tiered floor.... but I'm not sure if I want to do the fixed screen or a motorized drop screen. I liked the fixed screen because it was tensioned perfectly, looked like a 10ft plasma hanging up there. Do you get the same thing with the drop screens or do they tend to get wrinkles/waves over time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2005, 12:21 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondiehl
Sorry for the OT guys, but which do you prefer? In my last house (just sold and moved in May), I had a 119" DaLite HC Cinema Vision screen (fixed, and it had a really nice frame with felt trim). I'm researching custom builders for me next home right now and plan to do another dedicated media room with a tiered floor.... but I'm not sure if I want to do the fixed screen or a motorized drop screen. I liked the fixed screen because it was tensioned perfectly, looked like a 10ft plasma hanging up there. Do you get the same thing with the drop screens or do they tend to get wrinkles/waves over time?
My previous one was nearly the same -- a fixed screen which looked like a giant plasma tv. Very nice, but at the same time very distracting. We went with the retractable because we have the screen in a room with a domed ceiling. On the wall is mural that is really highlights the room -- serves as both media and family room.

The drop screens are now very good, most with a tab-tensioning design which prevents waves. Also making it perfectly flat.

I highly recommend the Stewart Vertical ElectriScreen ElectriMask. They can make custom sizes as well.

http://www.stewartfilm.com/film_scre...sking&fs_id=EM

ElectriMask System
The ElectriMasks are electronically controlled panels that extend and retract from housings at the top of the screen frame.

Hidden from View
The Vertical ElectriScreen ElectriMask is designed for those who require an electric roll-up system with dual aspect ratio capabilities.

Insist on the Best
Optimize your Horizontal ElectriScreen ElectriMask with a Stewart Academy Award ® winning screen material, securely attached by Stewart's exclusive Tab-Guy tensioning system designed to ensure a smooth flat image and prevent curl up.

View Flexibility
Stewart Filmscreen's Horizontal ElectriScreen ElectriMask is designed to provide the flexibility of a multiple aspect ratio ElectriMask system with a roll-up screen. Aspect ratios from standard NTSC 1.33:1 up to Widescreen1.85:1 can be achieved.

Also I recommend getting the Studiotek 130 for the screen material (depending on your projector and room setup).

http://www.stewartfilm.com/screen_ma...?material_id=2
Old 07-14-2005, 12:56 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishDrew
On my Sony WEGA HD, the replays are incredibly sharp and gameplay looks nice, but you really notice the lack of lines when they put up stats and stuff during the game, any typography is very pixellated. Still, it looks better than I expected and better than MVP does.
Did you just say that NCAA looks better than MVP? Your smoking crack if thats the case. MVP is in 720p which is amazing with ZERO jaggies. NCAA looks good on mine but no way does NCAA in 480p compete with MVP in 720p. Not a chance.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:11 PM   #44
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondra12
Is it me or does this game look horrible on a big HDTV? On my 5674 samsung dlp there is so much shimmer it is crazy. I think I may have to trade it in because I can't play the game without getting a headache. Anyone other HDTV owners having the same problem?
43'" Hitachi HDTV and I agree, it's better than last year but not as good as a lot of people are claiming. Maybe it is my tv?
Old 07-24-2005, 01:27 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondiehl
Wow some people have to much money. J/K i wish i had to make decissions like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »