Home

Cables for better graphics??

This is a discussion on Cables for better graphics?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2005, 09:12 AM   #1
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13
Cables for better graphics??

What cables do I need to get to make this game look better? I bought the Ps2 version only becuz most of my friends still play them, otherwise I would have gotten the X-box version graphics are much more crisp. Ps2 looks so gritty....I thought I pulled out the old atari when I popped the game in yesterday....I had to watch a coupled of games just to let my eyes adjust...Then I put that bytch right back in the box...So what cables will make it look more crisp, this is a must for me to continue playing this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 09:33 AM   #2
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: Cables for better graphics??

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
What cables do I need to get to make this game look better? I bought the Ps2 version only becuz most of my friends still play them, otherwise I would have gotten the X-box version graphics are much more crisp. Ps2 looks so gritty....I thought I pulled out the old atari when I popped the game in yesterday....I had to watch a coupled of games just to let my eyes adjust...Then I put that bytch right back in the box...So what cables will make it look more crisp, this is a must for me to continue playing this game.
If your tv supports it, get the component hookups (R, G, B, R, W). If you don't have those inputs available, at least go with the s-video cables, although the quality won't be quite as nice...

Old 07-13-2005, 09:34 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Component
Old 07-13-2005, 09:39 AM   #4
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Thanks, how much do component cables go for?
Old 07-13-2005, 09:45 AM   #5
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
You can get the sony brand component hookups for 29.99 at best buy, although I did find them for 24.99 at Sam Goody. It will make a world of a difference, so I'd go for it. Good luck dude!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 09:46 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
It varies, one day I broke down and bought me a set of component cables made by "Monster Cable" my set was 65.00 but you do see and hear a difference. I have the S-video going on and everything, its great. I got them for my Xbox though, I dont know which system youd wanna get them for. Component cables though are the way to go for everything video/audio..not just your PS2 or Xbox. I have an entire Sony home theatre system with the 4 tall silver tower speakers, etc. They came with regular skinny speaker wire. The dude at the store was trying to get me to buy some component cables to replace the ones that come standard with it. Of course I figured he just wanted to make an "add on" sale so I declined. Two days later I saw the cables he was trying to sell me on sale. They listed at 129.99 and they were on sale for 89.99 so I got them...OH MAN, HUGE difference. Not one of those differences where you have to look real close or listen real close to notice. Its a huge difference. Component cables can get expensive but if you are willing to drop the chedda for some you wont be dissapointed. Just make sure your TV can take component and S-Video cables.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:48 AM   #7
Rookie

yopis's Arena

OVR: 7

I had the moster cables for ps2 they were like 70 bucks last year at best buy but they broke on me when i took them off of my tv.Im gonna go with the cheap sony ones this time.The moster cables are better not much but better imo.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:03 AM   #8
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

You can also buy Acoustic Research component cables at Best Buy that are about $19.99 and just as good as the Monster brand.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »