Home

Inflated passing stats

This is a discussion on Inflated passing stats within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-13-2005, 01:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Inflated passing stats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2baseball
This game is good for 1 on 1 playing, either in person or online, but it is useless against the CPU.
While an opinion, it is kind of a gross overstatement.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:14 PM   #10
Banned

chef423's Arena

OVR: 1

lmao, I think you people just suck at the game, them blame the developer and claim its some "glitch or bug". Gimme a break already.

chef
Old 07-13-2005, 01:33 PM   #11
Rookie

Have to tend to agree with chef here. The game can't mirror real life. If the passing game bothers you so much then play 2005. I'm tired of reading everyone cry and whine about little aspects of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 01:37 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaenuel
I will state this again since no one commented on it in the glitch thread.

The problem has nothing to do with QB Accuracy. When simming quarterbacks simply aren't getting enough recorded *attempts*. It is because the *attempts* are so low that the accuracy is high, but more imporantly why the quarterback ratings are through the roof.

Short of a patch there is no fix for the quarterback problem. Even if someone figured out a way to fix the accuracy percentages the quarterback ratings would still be over 200.
i read on other threads that adjusting the coach strategies for each coach might work to lower qb completion %s (and subsequently passer ratings)

so i went through and made the following changes:

1.) on the offense run/pass slider, i increased the pass % by 20% (many people have commented that the cpu sim engine simply doesn't give teams enough pass attempts)

2.) on the defense conservative/aggressive slider, i moved each coach 25 points (clicks) towards the aggressive side, to hopefully bolster each team's pass defense a bit (rush the QB, tighter coverages, i don't really know how these things affect the sim engine but hey i'm trying)

3.) on the defense run/pass slider, i increased the pass % by 10% to correspond to the offensive pass% increase (but i didn't want to leave the run defenses out to dry, so thats why i chose 10 instead of 20)

hopefully this will help create more realistic stats while somewhat preserving all the variation in different coaching styles...if anyone else wants to try this, it could only help to hear how others' dynasties turn out...i will post with results of my first season when i finish in (i'm guessing) 3-4 days

the max drive file with these coach slider edits is below... you can still be any team you want by creating a new coach of course
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA06dyntemplate.zip (444.0 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by ZekeRoberts; 07-13-2005 at 01:44 PM. Reason: added attachment
Old 07-13-2005, 01:50 PM   #13
Banned

chef423's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards
Have to tend to agree with chef here. The game can't mirror real life. If the passing game bothers you so much then play 2005. I'm tired of reading everyone cry and whine about little aspects of the game.
Yea, I am too. This is, hands down, the BEST football game EA has ever made. But, people still want to complain. What the heck are sliders for then?? DO they not work either? So I guess I can crank them all the way down for human and all the way up for CPU and it wont do a thing?? Ill try it and post back.

chef

EDIT: The original poster just needs more time with the game. Dont act like your so pro that can be beat. EVERY game EVERY year is different. The physics ARE tweaked to make the game more realisitc. So yes, you do need more time with it. What? Its been out a whole 30 hrs and your posting this BS? lmmfao.

Last edited by chef423; 07-13-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 07-13-2005, 01:57 PM   #14
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by halos17
My Experience:

Game 3 of my BYU dynasty. I started up on Varsity-default sliders, just to get the feel for the game. I played and beat Baylor handly, 51-16. Game two, it's cupcake city, smashing Weber State 52-8. And then, perhaps the game that will cause me to toss my copy into the trash.

Let me preface by saying that I watched my buddy for 3 games get lit up by opposing QBs in his dynasty and I just sat there laughing, thinking, man It can't be THAT hard to stop the pass. Well I was wrong.

Enter Texas Tech and their Fun-N-Gun offense. Well, this game was no fun for me. 4 quarters later, I was dismantled, 96-31. Yes, that's right, 96-31. I have never taken such a beating by the CPU. The problem I have is that no matter what pass defense I called, the CPU would just chuck it up and ALWAYS hit the deepest receiver and score. They ran the ball 13 times! Throwing some 44 odd times. Texas Tech's starting QB? 22-33, 615yds, 7Tds.

No matter what I did I could not stop the pass. I did appear to me that if you could get some pressure on the QB, that would slightly affect the outcomes of passing plays. I'm really discouraged by this...Is this happening due to the fact that I was on Varsity level? I mean, i was ready to throw my controller thru the TV.

Can anyone shed some light. Is the deep ball really a problem? I want to like this game and I did for 2 games. But it was just ridiculous to see that happen.
96-31? Were you playing on Heisman with cpu sliders maxed out?
Old 07-13-2005, 02:18 PM   #15
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef423
lmao, I think you people just suck at the game, them blame the developer and claim its some "glitch or bug". Gimme a break already.

chef
Chef, we are talking about simmed cpu game stats, and the passing ratings and completion percentages during the course of a season... too many qbs are breaking the all-time qb rating in the first season... there, there is your break

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2005, 02:20 PM   #16
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards
the problem is that no other installment of ncaa did this before this year... good post though

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »