Home

Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread

This is a discussion on Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2005, 10:01 AM   #41
Hall Of Fame

Kashanova's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Official "I Can't Catch Anything But A Cold" Thread

im having problems with this. i mean it's riduclous how many drop passes im seeing but it's not even hard passes they are missing it's easy passes which is why im mad
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 10:26 AM   #42
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

USER CATCHING as solved my problem
Old 07-15-2005, 10:32 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Everyone says to "user catch" but no one tells you how. The instructions say just press it once. WRONG!! I went into practice mode for like 45 minutes, no defense and just threw the ball to my recievers. I was having serious trouble catching, like 10 drops a GAME! So, I turned on EAsy option, just the catching one, everything else is off, and my recievers caught the football. I also learned to user catch. I would see the ball almost at my reciever at just press Y real quick. Well, the trick it you have to hold down Y well before the ball gets to them. Thats the only way I got it. I would throw the ball, switch reciever, then press Y and hold it. Kinda of stupid that you have to hold the catch button down. It should be more of a timing thing, like press it once it is within reach. I mean, I still went 10-32 in my last game, but only 2 drops. The corners in this game seem to be amazing at knocking balls down and breaking up plays. oh well, im just glad I can somewhat catch.
Old 07-15-2005, 10:35 AM   #44
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwood
i think you need to stop beeming the ball around like your farve...
Unfortunately, some passes have to be thrown hard. Outs, hitches, hooks and comebacks have to be on a line if you don't want a DB to step in front of them. If you can't rifle those passes and have your WR catch them, maybe there is a problem.

For those that are NOT having a problem with dropped balls, what routes are you having success with? Are you able to complete passes to WRs running the routes I mentioned above? If so, how so?
Old 07-15-2005, 02:29 PM   #45
Rookie

the only successful passing routes i have found are slants or cross's. Any hitch, hook, curl, doesnt work. The AI coverage is too good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2005, 08:35 PM   #46
Rookie

Biggest thing to help people with dropped balls is go into practice, with no defense, and just throw it around to all the recievers. I did that for about 30 min and they played much better. Well, I also turned on EAsy Pass,so I think that helped a lot also.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »