Home

Not a rant, but three comments

This is a discussion on Not a rant, but three comments within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2005, 12:29 PM   #1
Rookie

Rob in Richmond's Arena

OVR: 2
Not a rant, but three comments

I took the time to respond to a "rant" thread and when I hit "Post Reply," it turned out that the thread had just been closed. I took a while to type in my thoughts, so I didn't want to just delete them... so here they are. For whatever it might be worth to you.

I was pumped that the game was coming out. Watched all the videos, read anything I could get my hands on, etc. I'm enjoying playing it. I'm pretty much just online league play with friends. However, I have a few gripes:

1) Kicking on Heisman (which is what my league plays) is unrealistically difficult I feel. My FG kicker is an impact player so it's not his ability... it's mine. But I don't think it's fair. I would rather see an MVP Baseball style interface that would give you a larger accuracy area for a ball that wasn't kicked with as much power.

2) It's too easy to complete a deep fly pattern. Too easy for me. Too easy for my opponent. You many say that if it's easy for both, then it's fair.... but I care about the game "seeming" realistic.

3) I'd like an option to see a wider view of the field similar to the camera option in ESPN Football. So far I've tried "Classic" and "NCAA." If there's an option I haven't thought of please let me know.

So just a few things. But I'm still going to play it for the competition with friends.

Rob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-15-2005, 12:48 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Not a rant, but three comments

Practice
Sliders
Try all the views
Old 07-15-2005, 01:10 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob in Richmond
I'd like an option to see a wider view of the field similar to the camera option in ESPN Football. So far I've tried "Classic" and "NCAA." If there's an option I haven't thought of please let me know.
Try the overhead view. It's the one I use exclusively. The only drawback that they've had for years is that it doesn't work in most, if not all domes. So when I make it to the SEC championship in the Georgia dome, I'm hosed.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:22 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

1. I know you probably won't want to do this, but it doesn't take much time at all. When you kick, put it down to AA.

2. Like was said, adjust your sliders. I know people have gotten results with the right slider combo.

3. Like was said above, use the overhead view. I've been using it all the time as well.
Old 07-15-2005, 01:58 PM   #5
Rookie

Rob in Richmond's Arena

OVR: 2

Thanks for the advice. I'm try the overhead camera. But I can't use the sliders because we're playing in a straight Heisman online league. I doubt if people are going to want to switch to AA (can we online?) in the middle of our league games.

Rob
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »