Home

Dynasty Coach Careers

This is a discussion on Dynasty Coach Careers within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2005, 01:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Dynasty Coach Careers

Has anyone else started their dynasty with a 1 or 2 star school and is working their way up like a real coach would? I started mine with the Troy State Trojans (1*) and i'm 2-1 after the 4th week. Is anyone else doing this or just starting off with your favorite team? Personally...i like the challenge

Dynasty- Coach Cal Brunson, starting the career at Troy State
RftH- WR at USC
RftH- LB at Auburn
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 01:38 PM   #2
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Dynasty Coach Careers

I usually start off with my favorite team, Alabama. But as I get bored I'll create a butercup school and try to build them into a powerhouse. I feel what you are saying, it can be fun doing it that way.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-17-2005, 02:30 PM   #3
Rookie

GetBuff's Arena

OVR: 5

I am going to start a Dynasty w/ Navy once I get my sliders for simming figured out.

Build them up into a powerhouse w/ some base rules for recruiting the first few years.
Old 07-17-2005, 03:29 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

i wont even really try to build them into a powerhouse. my goal is just to advance my coach from team to team every few years until i get to a huge school just like a real life coach would progress

of course once im done ill just do one with my favorite team (Auburn) or build a crappy school into a powerhouse...but that wont be for a while.

Dynasty- Coach Cal Brunson, starting the career at Troy State
RftH- WR at USC
RftH- LB at Auburn
Old 07-17-2005, 09:14 PM   #5
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

i have one going with umass. it's pretty brutal right now though. not alot of talent on the team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2005, 09:37 PM   #6
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

I have one going with San Diego St.(two star prestige). Lynell Hamilton has been carrying the team...so far we're 2-1, with the loss coming at OSU
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up
Old 07-17-2005, 09:55 PM   #7
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

Favorite Team, I usually do a lower prestige team when i really know how to recruit. Im having a blast, but the games are too high scoring for me (I had an amazing comeback win against Iowa, down 48 points and came back, that game looked horrible, but Troy Smith had an amazing day passing. SDSU was another high scoring comeback). I'll have to make some slider adjustments. When I use lower prestige teams i recruit a couple of years to get a program and system up that I like, then see if I can transfer up or play with the team I got. I've never taken a one or two star team and played immediatly, I dont think i could take it.

For the SDSU guy, I dont know if it was the CPU or just luck, but they could run a spread offense very well against my OSU defense, which isnt deep on experience, although I moved CB #9 (Donte Whitner) back to SS (his actual position... good job EA...) so maybe thats why.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #8
Cult of Personality

OVR: 30

OSU completely shut down my entire offense after the first quarter.

In the first quarter, I thought I was gonna run away with it and steal one. I had forced picks on OSU's first two drives, and scored two TDs. I was running the ball well on the ground, which opened up the playaction nicely.

But then OSU turned it up another notch and completely shut me down, I didn't score a point in the second half. They have defenders in the backfield on every run, and every pass was contested. It was an ugly second half.
Vets II | Washington Redskins(13-6) | Last Game: L 37-34 OT @ ATL (NFC Conference Championship)

Vets Bowl I Champion | Vets Bowl II Runner-Up

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »