Home

Recruiting - House Rules

This is a discussion on Recruiting - House Rules within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
MVP

mudtiger's Arena

OVR: 16
Recruiting - House Rules

Anyone have any good house rules for recruiting? I have a set from I think MM that I may use.

For teams of 1* prestige level:
- You MAY NOT recruit 4 and 5 star recruits. Unless they are in your home state and have most of the interest bar filled up. You are limited to one 5 star player and two 4 star players.
- You may only recruit the number of 3 star recruits as you had wins last season and they MUST be from your home state or pipeline state.

For teams of 2* prestige level:
- You MAY NOT recruit 4 and 5 star recruits. Unless they are in your home state and have most of the interest bar filled up. You are limited to to one 5 star player and two 4 star players.
- You may only recruit the number of 3 star recruits as you had wins last season and they MUST be from your home state OR Pipeline states.

For teams of 3* prestige level:
- You MAY NOT recruit 5* recruits and 4* recruits out of your state, or your pipeline state. You are limited to two 5 star players and three 4 star players
- You may recruit unlimited 3 star recruits in state and in pipeline states as you can throughout the season.

For teams of 4* prestige level:
-You MAY NOT recruit 5* recruits unless they are in state, or in pipeline states. You are limited to four 5 star players, and 5 four star players
-Everything else is pretty much fair game.

For teams of 5* and 6* prestige level:
-You can recruit whatever the heck you want.

I'm also looking at using someone's Navy recruiting rules from MM.

1. Height range: 5'6" - 6'6"
2. Weight range: 160-300 lbs
3. GPA: 2.5+ (This may change.. I'm looking for a rating slightly above average, need to see how NCAA 2005 distributes the GPAs)
4. Discipline: Average or above (Not sure what name the rating I'm thinking of is given, will set this when I know)
5. The only blue chip players that can be recruited are those with Navy as their #1 choice in Week 1, or who for some reason switch to Navy as the #1 later in the process. If a blue chip player later prefers another school, they still can be recruited.
6. The only 4 star players that can be recruited are those with Navy as their #1 or #2 choice.
7. The only 3 star players that can be recruited are those with Navy as one of their top 3 choices.
8. 2 star players must have at least a High interest in playing for Navy to be recruited
9. 1 star players must have at least an Average interest in playing for Navy to be recruited.
10. Any player can be scouted (not sure if this can possibly raise their interest, if it does it represents them chatting with a Navy recruiter and being made aware of another option than the traditional schools).

Discipline Restrictions

1. If a player's discipline rating ever drops to worst possible, the player is cut (suspended for the season and then cut in the next offseason).
2. Any discipline infractions always receive the recommended response.

Anyone have any house rules for recruiting that they want to share?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »