Home

stopping the pass...

This is a discussion on stopping the pass... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2005, 11:38 AM   #9
Rookie

mudd's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: stopping the pass...

generate a pass rush... but as far as when the ball is in the air, most qb's will lead the wr, so try to beat them to the spot and jump/dive for the ball, diving is risky because if he catches it its showtime..., i have not been called for a pi all year YET, and i am using the 'heels and our secondary is very suspect...

My Blog and Site

Old 07-18-2005, 11:41 AM   #10
Rookie

mudd's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
What plays have generated the best pass rush for you?
nickle blitzing the rolb or dime dog - 2, but i do this because my secondary is suspect... hopefully i will get some better corners and do less blitzing so that the middle of the field wont be so wide open...

My Blog and Site

Old 07-18-2005, 12:30 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

If you run with the receiver and not allow him to get to the spot by slowing down or bumping him, and also hitting the receiver when the ball arrives.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 08:33 AM   #12
Jag
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well I found out that the key component in stopping the long ball is most definitely a pass rush as you guys said. But none of you told me really what plays to run to effectively do this without adjusting sliders. I found that the 4-3 Thunder Green works great if you move the blitzing LBs up to the line where they are going to blitz. Not only does the QB not have time to throw, the running game is shut down. Just thought I'd share what I figured out.
Old 07-19-2005, 09:17 AM   #13
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag
Well I found out that the key component in stopping the long ball is most definitely a pass rush as you guys said. But none of you told me really what plays to run to effectively do this without adjusting sliders. I found that the 4-3 Thunder Green works great if you move the blitzing LBs up to the line where they are going to blitz. Not only does the QB not have time to throw, the running game is shut down. Just thought I'd share what I figured out.
In obvious passing situations you want to run a nickel or dime "D". A nickel has 5 DB's and dime has 6. A normal 4-3 only has 4 DB's. Try using nickel and dimes with a blitz. Also I shift my line and try to get one of my ends outside the tackle and attempt to go around him ( opening up an angle for my blitzing LB). It's hard to pick a specific play because it varies game to game and QB to QB.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:30 AM   #14
Jag
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
In obvious passing situations you want to run a nickel or dime "D". A nickel has 5 DB's and dime has 6. A normal 4-3 only has 4 DB's. Try using nickel and dimes with a blitz. Also I shift my line and try to get one of my ends outside the tackle and attempt to go around him ( opening up an angle for my blitzing LB). It's hard to pick a specific play because it varies game to game and QB to QB.

What I'm trying to say is no matter the play 4-3 Thunder Green will stop it.
Old 07-19-2005, 11:53 AM   #15
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

For generating a pass rush, it also helps to spread, or shift, your defensive line. Though, generally speaking, you should probably only spread your D-Line when you're pretty sure it's gonna be a pass.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 12:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

I've found that shifting the DL to one side and stunting to that side works well as well utilizing a DL shift and stunt with a LB or DB blitz. (ex. Shifting DL out but stunting inside to engage the OT's when you're blitzing a LB or DB on the outside). You have to constantly mix it up - get creative. Use your coverage audibles. (I tend to press and man-shift alot - Triangle then down then to the right)

As for DB play, I tend to let the DB play the ball for has long as possible. I move my D-pad in the same direction the DB is going and at the last second, I take control of the DB and press Swat.

Taking control of the DB too early always results in a completion. Not taking at all allows for too many completions that should be knocked down.

Hope that helps

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »