Home

Stopping the run

This is a discussion on Stopping the run within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 07-19-2005, 12:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Stopping the run

Anyone got any tips to help stop any run in this game? It seems to me like the RB will either get smash in the backfield or bust free and gain 5-10 yds outside. People are telling me to use blitz heavy formation and stacking 8-9 guys down in the box.
Whenever I call 4-3, my entire front 7 would get block and I would get lucky to get a linebacker free. THis leads to the rb running untouch for 5-10 yds before the safety stops his backpedal to tackle him. I prefer not to blitz just to stop the run. The lack of long double team blocking of the oline and how hard it is to shed a block makes it hard to get free once you're trapped inside on defense.

Am I missing something? (coming from 2k5)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 12:27 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Stopping the run

Try playing around with the Run Blocking, Tackling, and Break Block settings. Check out some of the sliders sets for example.

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
Old 07-19-2005, 12:29 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

online player 99% of the time
The problem isn't getting him down, it's getting TO him. I would love to see more than 1 guy around the carrier just once.
Old 07-19-2005, 12:30 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

if you have a good team, a MLB spy couldnt hurt every now and then, he might get picked up though

Ive had success against rushing teams (like Rice) with DE/OLB spy plays, there are many in the various sets that will spy the two DE+ a MLB which pretty much leaves you wide open vs the pass but will destroy runs pretty well
Old 07-19-2005, 12:33 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 10

Well if your playing online, I just like to blitz a safety here and there along with a linebacker. I only bring the heavy blitz on third down anyway. I just try to clog the middle as good as I can and I usually stop him when hes trying to run to the outside.

Rams NFL Championships :

"
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »