Home

Can someone PLEASE explain how recruiting works?

This is a discussion on Can someone PLEASE explain how recruiting works? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2005, 01:54 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.
Can someone PLEASE explain how recruiting works?

OK, I've been a Madden fan all my life. Last year though, when my football needs were delayed because of the Madden release date, I decided to try out NCAA 05. I fell in love with it, thing was, I wasnt able to play it long enough for me to actually understand how to work recruiting.

I got the game this year, hoping to rebuild Northwestern in my Dynasty, thing is, I dont know hwo the hell recruiting works. Ive heard talk about "Pipelines" something I dont understand either. I know, I'm clueless, but im new to the college football scene.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2005, 04:34 AM   #2
Pro

Xx 74 xX's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Can someone PLEASE explain how recruiting works?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shugknight
OK, I've been a Madden fan all my life. Last year though, when my football needs were delayed because of the Madden release date, I decided to try out NCAA 05. I fell in love with it, thing was, I wasnt able to play it long enough for me to actually understand how to work recruiting.

I got the game this year, hoping to rebuild Northwestern in my Dynasty, thing is, I dont know hwo the hell recruiting works. Ive heard talk about "Pipelines" something I dont understand either. I know, I'm clueless, but im new to the college football scene.
This might help...........
Old 07-19-2005, 04:41 AM   #3
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Can someone PLEASE explain how recruiting works?

Do you have any specific questions?

I recommend going through one year just to test it out first. Recruiting can be very fun, and sometimes I play the game just for that.

Basically the way it works is that you spend points on recruits you need. Their interest in your school will increase or decrease over time, and eventually guys will commit to your school. I usually recruit need first, recruiting at least one more player than I actually need at each position, in case a guy decides to go elsewhere.

It's generally best to recruit guys close to your state, because they cost less points to recruit. Also, it's good to recruit guys who are interested in your school, though sometimes you can get guys who aren't initially all that interested.

This year's version has in season recruiting... Same principles apply.

Like I say, I think it'd be best to try out one year first to get a feel for it, then come back here with any specific questions you might have.

Last edited by spit_bubble; 07-19-2005 at 04:43 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »