Home

I cant believe I am saying this...

This is a discussion on I cant believe I am saying this... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2005, 11:53 AM   #25
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: I cant believe I am saying this...

This is nonsense.

I'm using Jistic's AA sliders (slightly adjusted to my tastes), and I'm having realistic games.

Yes, you definitely can throw over the middle, but not bullet after bullet to running backs out of the backfield. You've got to use touch throws. When a receiver is running the hitch and go, you've got to pump fake the hitch, or he'll be covered. You've got throw out routes on the cut, not after or before. You've got to throw your slants when the receiver clears the linebacker, or touch the ball just over the leap of the LB.

The running game is the best ever. The tackles are ridiculously good. And the passing game is demanding, but fair.

It takes some slider adjustments, but it's the best football game I've played by far.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 11:58 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillmattic
First of all starting off playing on heisman with a really weak team is a bad way to go. You should really get adjusted to the new gameplay before jumping into the hardest mode on the game. Also, this has to be the most realistic game EA has put out yet. Lesser team seem ALMOST always get pounded by better teams, especially if you think you can just play generic and come up with big results like in past versions (Go undefeated with the worst team). Strategy, mixing up your play calling, and playing to your teams strengths are really stressed this year.

Also, your just going to have to accept that the better teams have a HUGE advantage this year, just like in real life. When I first started my Kentucky dynasty I would also get pounded and quit my first game against Louisville (happened about 15 times). But one day I just sat reviewed everytime they made a huge play, and found out that they were just a better team. their O-Line absolutely demolished my undermatched D-Line, just the way it should be. My secondary could not keep up with their receivers, (low awareness and speed). And I was still running my generic offense that worked in all the past versions, never realizing the computer was adapting to my playcalling, and forcing more turnovers and breaking up plays in the back field.

This year has to be more realistic than any other year bar none, it's just not as fun for most people because it's not as easy as past versions, that's why you see these people making sliders that go completely in their favor, because they can't beat Auburn with ECU. If you want more evenly matched games you'll have to play two evenly matched teams, especially if your new to the game. And atleast until you get used to playing better.

But, of course, people will still get their butts handed to them by USC while playing as UAB, on heisman, wondering why the cover 2 they've been playing all game isn't shutting down Matt Leinart like it used to. Or how this game is so easy and arcadish because they used Iowa and rushed for 500 yards against Kansas.

Then they'll come to these forums and complain about it. Hoping that thier not the only ones, so that they don't have to come to the realization that their not the "super-stud" player they were in NCAA 04. Or really just not good at all.
I didnt start out playing on Heisman with FAU right away. Like I said, I have had the game since late June. The first 10 games I played (not including the 20 or so I have played online) were on default AA. Just a few nights ago I put it on Heisman and started a dynasty.

Anyways, I am going to give this game another shot. I was pretty damn chapped last night after losing two consecutive games by a combined score of 135-35 or something. This is the first time I have taken such a weak school, and I usually wouldnt give up 135 points in 10 games, much less 2. Anyways, I dont really want to go 1-10 in my dynasty, so can anyone direct towards some challenging AA sliders? I think I am done with Heisman, at least in Dynasty Mode, until I can get a better team than FAU. I am not expecting to go 11-0 with FAU. The OOC schedule is pretty tough, but I was hoping to at least go .500 in conference.

Another poster eluded to the fact that I might be burned out on the series, which I had never really thought about. Like I said, I have had every EA game since it was Bill Walsh's College Football and I also picked up College Football's National Championship I and II, along with a few of the Gamebreaker titles. Being that I play NCAA more than any other game each year combined with the fact that I am out of college and older now might have something to do with it. How depressing
Old 07-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #27
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdros13
You know what, I totally agree with this. 2 years ago I enjoyed NCAA, but when I picked up Madden for the 14th consecutive year I did it out of habit and couldn't stand the game anymore. I actually enjoyed Fever and 2k4 more than Madden that year. Last year I picked up both 2k5 and Madden, but I don't think I played more than 3-4 full games with Madden before taking it back. I only played NCAA for about 2 weeks last year as well.

This year I really like NCAA again (and I didn't think that would be the case after 2005's fiasco), and I also am getting excited for Madden because I'm enjoying NCAA so much. My intention was to keep playing 2k5 until the X360 showed up, but I no longer think that is going to be possible...Vision cone looks like it may have drawn me back into the fold.

Same exact thing for me. I played 2K5 over the weekend and I was all set to dismiss Madden this year and continue on with my Eagles franchise. My Bday was also last weekend and to my suprise, someone got me a copy of NCAA 06 and after the year break, the game feels fresh and refined. They took alot of 2K5's elements and added them into the game(not alot but enough to make the game feel somewhat fresh. Such as tapping the sprint botton to break out of a tackle and covering the ball up to punch through the hole) The game has just as much depth as 2K5 did IMO.

And yea, that Madden passing cone is the selling point for me. Any time they add new variables to the mix to make the game more in depth is always a welcome addition to me. The playmaker crap and hit stick of old were'nt enough to add more in depth play than the passing cone will.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:22 PM   #28
2010,13,15,16 CHAMPS!

SidVish's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
That honor would belong to NCAA 2005. I think 2006 is a GREAT game. And as far as compared to 2005? Night and day. NCAA 2005 was terrible and the only in the series that I stopped playing by October.
Jistic, I agree 100%. NCAA 2005 was gone way before October for me.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:22 PM   #29
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod
This is nonsense.

I'm using Jistic's AA sliders (slightly adjusted to my tastes), and I'm having realistic games.

Yes, you definitely can throw over the middle, but not bullet after bullet to running backs out of the backfield. You've got to use touch throws. When a receiver is running the hitch and go, you've got to pump fake the hitch, or he'll be covered. You've got throw out routes on the cut, not after or before. You've got to throw your slants when the receiver clears the linebacker, or touch the ball just over the leap of the LB.

The running game is the best ever. The tackles are ridiculously good. And the passing game is demanding, but fair.

It takes some slider adjustments, but it's the best football game I've played by far.

I love the huge amount of variables that the game takes into consideration on each play. You gotta look out for your Match Up Stick, the Home Feild Advantage, Impact players as well as the regular player ratings and formations that adds a whole new sense of unpredictability. I firmly believe that in order to not just have consistent sucess in this game, but also get the most out the gameplay, you need to learn and ultilize every aspect of the game controls. Things like pump fakes, strafting, formation shifts, hot routes, audibles, motion, option plays and passing mechanics need to be mastered in order to get the most out the game. The same feeling I had for 2K5. Practice did indeed make perfect and NCAA is now following this trend.
Old 07-20-2005, 12:33 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

I am only 3 games into my Race for the Heisman, after being offered a spot on the Wisconsin squad for my unusally good day at the RB tryouts. The one thing that EA still needs to fix is how it is possible to dominate a team for 3 1/2 quarters, and really put a defensive pounding on them.... Only to give up a 21-3 lead with 3 minutes to go. After a 65 yard touchdown run, (from a guy who could not get out of his own way for the entire game...), an ensuing fumbled kickoff, a 25 yard scramble by the aforementioned useless running back, and then a fumble recovery run back for a touchdown with a fu**ing offensive lineman... Call it the rubberband, call it the EA catch-up, call it what you will.... But if this year's iteration of Madden pulls this same crap, I will just boycott a football game this year, and make my own roster udates for ESPN's Football from last year. Why oh why EA must you do this??

I thought they had gotten it out of their system, as they built the best Baseball game EVER with MVP 2005. With minimal slider tweaks, and some great pitching/batting struggles, I thought they had really made their way to the forefront of sports games again.... alas,.... I think the momentum is fantastic, the tackle animations are awesome, and the game seems to run just fine.... But what is up with a team that has been dominated for the entire game breaking tackles, catching everything in sight, and coming from the bowels of defeat to play like a National Champion for the last minutes of a game.... *sigh*

SYF
Old 07-20-2005, 12:33 PM   #31
Rookie

yopis's Arena

OVR: 7

They need to have dynasty for sim and rfth for arcade and let it play like two different games and everybody will be happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 01:16 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
I dont understand your question. I am using playmaker sliders in my UCONN dynasty and getting fun realistic results.

Your saying that with playmaker sliders you can't throw deep against the cpu?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »