Home

Most OVERrated QB in NCAA 2006

This is a discussion on Most OVERrated QB in NCAA 2006 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2005, 04:45 PM   #25
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada
Re: Most OVERrated QB in NCAA 2006

I think Marcus Vick is the most overrated in the game. He doesn't even have that many pass attempts and yet he has an 87 rating. Ridiculous
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 04:46 PM   #26
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishepa
Vick got his rating because of his last name, simple as that.
Actually I think he got his ratings because he runs a sub 4.4 40. His THP and THA are not high. I don't think he's overrated at all.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:48 PM   #27
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

There is more to being a QB than running fast.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:53 PM   #28
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

Obviously in real life there is, but according to EA's rating system there's not. Try to remember, this is a system that says a FB with 70 ratings across the board is a 99 OVR player.

Vick is fast with good arm strength. Because of that, he's rated high on EA's video game.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:02 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTG
Leinart overrated? Are you kidding? This kid is the best QB prospect I have ever seen. He would have been the #1 draft pick last year had he left.

Most overrated QBs = Omar Jacobs (He's too fast and his accuracy and AWR are too high. He should be an 88 at best), Brad Smith (He is just not a good passer.), Justin Zwick (85 - pfft. He should be an 80 at best.)
Have you ever seen Omar Jacobs play? Accuracy and AWR too high...the guy had a 41-4 TD-INT ratio last year...not even Pennington, Leftwich, or Roethlisberger ever had a ratio like that in the MAC. Plus he's considered by many to be a first round lock if he comes out of school early. Definitely not overrated.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:11 PM   #30
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

don't take this as a homer based statement, but i don't think that vick is overrated on the game. obviously, i play with him and vt a whole lot, and while vick can take off and run for 150 yards a game, he is not a good passer at all. he overthrows everybody, his accuracy (especially on the run) leaves a lot to be desired, and he gets hurt all the time (he got hurt for 6 weeks in the first week of my dyansty). i don't think ea did their homework on vick. they see his last name and make him a michael vick lite, when in reality he's not as fast as they have him rated, yet he's better passer than they have him rated. his 87 rating comes from his 89 spd, but as a passing qb on the game, he leaves much to be desired.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:11 PM   #31
BTG
Banned

BTG's Arena

Quote:
Have you ever seen Omar Jacobs play? Accuracy and AWR too high...the guy had a 41-4 TD-INT ratio last year...not even Pennington, Leftwich, or Roethlisberger ever had a ratio like that in the MAC. Plus he's considered by many to be a first round lock if he comes out of school early. Definitely not overrated.
Yes, I've seen him play. I was at the UT/BG game last year.

Here's the thing: I'm from Toledo. I went to the University of Toledo. I love the Rockets and I hate BGSU(cks). Because of this loyalty, I might be a bit biased. However, I still say that the 41-4 stat is very misleading. A lot of that has to do with the offense he runs. When he's pressured, he struggles big time. I'm not saying he's not a good player. He's a very good college quarterback. I just think he's overrated.

Omar is the secong coming of Andre Ware.

Last edited by BTG; 07-20-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2005, 05:12 PM   #32
Rookie

LAX4531's Arena

OVR: 2

sorry about the USC comment i shouldent say all, just i dont like Lineart that much, that is all. no that is not includein maronvich and all them. i just really dislike Lineart all though he is a great QB i dont think he is as good as everyone says he is.
The NBA sucks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »