Home

Ideas

This is a discussion on Ideas within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2005, 01:33 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Ideas

For next year, NCAA must take Madden's new passing system, at least the precison part. The passing game is extremely outdated. Another thing that must add from the new Madden is the new wide reciever agressiveness. I am sick of my wide outs making that silly "patty cake" catch animation while the defensive backs jump up and go for the ball like they are Michael Jordan. The inside running needs to be improved, adding an animation or animations similar to 2K's "getting skinny" and when the back pushes off his linemen would be great.

Last edited by Mossfan8480; 07-22-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:36 AM   #18
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

I am not going to like the vision cones. I throw enough picks as it is. Leading your receiver and all this sounds way too complicated, especially when you have three linemen on your *** as soon as you get the ball anyhow.

They do need to bump up the WR aggressiveness. For those physical WRs in Madden, I thought the toughness rating was for that. Not sure if that is true or not, might be cosmetic for all I know.

As for running inside, I never run draws just because the L1/R1 button-markers block the lane. I cannot see where I'm going because of them! It's been that way on Madden and NCAA for years!
Old 07-22-2005, 06:02 AM   #19
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Oh yeah, one more thing I for got to mention I'd like to see:

-create a rivalry (you create the trophy you're fighting for and such, it would be a very nice social addition I think. My cousin and I would play for the Broken Blunt)

-As for gameplay, I guess the only thing I'd ask for is not making intermediate passes over the middle such a hassle. That's the only problem I have with the gameplay, that an the ball flying through the net on field goals and XPs. That's just trifling.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Old 07-22-2005, 07:29 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

-Get rid of the 'deep ball' problem some people are having.

-Make RFTH deeper. I think it would be cool if you had a HIGH SCHOOL season beforehand, and that season could be like 6 games. Depending on how well you do in the games it would determine a rating, and you get your scholarships during the year like in RL. Also, I think there should be a option of player lock, someone mentioned this elsewhere. Then give us something to do in-between games instead of read fanmail.

-Tweak Dynasty up a bit, and BETTER presentation. EA sports now has the ESPN license, I want to see shows like how VC did them on NFL2k.

Eh, can't think of anymore as of now.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:30 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bremser_Rules
5 3 point stance for recievers on classic teams
6 More attention to detail for classic team games (goal posts farther apart)
7 The correct playbooks for classic teams 85 OU should be wishbone for example.

8 Assistant coaches for purposes of more detailed recruiting, training improvement (or not)
On the classic team stuff, yeah, I'd love to see more accurate playbooks. The catch is that very few people would really understand the way football was played in the 50s and 60s. It really was a totally different game.

Also, I wish EA would put a little more thought into the classic team selections. Why does Mississippi State have a classic team and Ole Miss doesn't? I mean, the 1959 Ole Miss team was one of the best ever - particularly on defense (the defense allowed 14 points all season - the third touchdown was scored on a punt return against LSU by Billy Cannon on Halloween night), yet they get left out and a decent, but not great MSU team gets in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2005, 11:55 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 12

They need to make create a stadium better and add create a conference.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:56 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

After a play or something have a cut scene showing a big play at a game elsewhere, like an in-game update.

Have the dynasty mode similar to MVP's owners mode.

Give the bench some personality. If a WR makes a huge play and gets shoved out have some guys help him up.

Instead of the Sports Illustrated have College Gameday, put them outside the stadium of the game of the week and have them talk about who needs to win etc.

Don't give me the same coaching animation everytime there's a holding penalty.

Thats all i got now
Old 07-24-2005, 08:34 PM   #24
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Let a 12th team be added into the Big 10, and then create a conference championship game

Improved CAT:
- Maybe have a base set of stadiums (e.g. if you wanted a team in Kansas City, MO, you could use Arrowhead Stadium, or if you wanted a team in Green Bay, use Lambeau)

- Team name on the front of the jersey

- More logo options

An AD mode (probably next gen)

National and Regional TV Contracts (although I do like that every ND home game is on national TV)

Create-A-Bowl

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »