Home

2 year probation.

This is a discussion on 2 year probation. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2005, 10:08 AM   #9
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: 2 year probation.

I was placed on Two-year probation mainly because I wasn't paying attention to the NCAA interest bar and wasn't giving my players the right amount of punishments. Just lost ten scholarships, but I left with one year left and took over Army.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:01 PM   #10
Rookie

TomHolmoe's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobinson97
Yeah it's random. I have never went a season without an infraction though. I almost did my third year, but the same guy messed up the last two games of the year.
I almost feel cheated when I don't get any infractions because you can only lower your interest bar by dropping the hammer on your players. Also, all of those points budgeted towards discipline that went unused...
Old 07-24-2005, 11:57 PM   #11
MVP

bvb24's Arena

OVR: 12

i've never seen anything more than 2 years of 10 less scholarships. has anyone seen any harsher penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 12:20 AM   #12
Pro

jaygg1's Arena

OVR: 5

can you lose post season play privileges?
Old 07-25-2005, 12:53 AM   #13
Rookie

Niekro4President's Arena

OVR: 1

I don't have an answer to harsher penalties, however academic rating may be helpful in this situation...

I did an all-Ivy League conference, took over the Big East. I took over Yale, and skimped on the discipline points. Anyway, since like 2008 (I'm in 2012) I've had a full yellow bar for interest meter, but a 5 star academic rating and I haven't been penalized yet.
Old 07-25-2005, 01:50 AM   #14
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I rarely penalize any of my players for NCAA infractions but ALWAYS do for things like missing practice. I know its been noted before but I think its silly that, in the game, the NCAA cares if players skip practice. That's something they need to adjust for NCAA 2007.

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 07-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #15
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

It would be cool if your school could get the "death penalty" like SMU did in the late 80's.

The following quote was taken from the following website, FYI.

http://www.s-t.com/daily/08-96/08-11-96/c07sp081.htm

"On Feb. 25, 1987, the NCAA handed out an unprecedented penalty, canceling the football program at Southern Methodist for 1987 and severely restricting it in 1988 for numerous rules violations. The school decided not to play in '88 either, and the football team didn't return to the field until 1989. Since then, the Mustangs have not had a winning season."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 09:51 AM   #16
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

In my Penn State dynasty I handed out the suggested punishment on all violations and still got 2 years probation. One of my starting DE's had 4 violations over the course of the year. In retrospect I probably should have sat him for the season after his 3nd offense.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »