Home

Can't defend the long bomb 1 on 1......

This is a discussion on Can't defend the long bomb 1 on 1...... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2005, 03:55 AM   #25
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Can't defend the long bomb 1 on 1......

Maybe the reason why we inexplicitly get beat on the pass is because the ball goes through the defender's body like it is not even there.

See evidence in the form of pictures at:

http://mattd.pairsite.com/defense/Sequence/

Go from step1 to step6 for the full effect.

Mind the quality of the shots, they were done on a whim. I am also not a professional photographer

I am sure you can see that sometimes, not all the time, when you get beat deep, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 04:34 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
I am sure you can see that sometimes, not all the time, when you get beat deep, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.
Maybe Josh Lay is just a ghost.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:45 AM   #27
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHolmoe
Sorry if I came across as harsh, but my question still remains: if you're just going to control one player on defense-- and a player who will be involved in fewer plays than any other player on the field on top of that -- why not take the next logical step and just sim your games?
Playing with only one player on defense is hardly a coach mode way of doing things. There are many of us that just pick one player. I used to think it was cheap when guys would always switch to different guys. Its like they would just screw up the guy they are playing with and then switch to a guy who's in a position to make a play.

I personally like to stick to the player I use which changes during the game, and carry out my assignment. If I get beat, that's fine. If my CPU teammate gets beat that's fine too. It makes it more rewarding when I get user picks, sacks, tackles for loss because I know I was responsible for 100% of it. I just didn't switch at the last second to a guy who did all the work so I can get the glory.

I really don't have a problem with people who switch but don't assume those that don't just want to sit back and watch the action.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:03 AM   #28
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Playing with only one player on defense is hardly a coach mode way of doing things. There are many of us that just pick one player. I used to think it was cheap when guys would always switch to different guys. Its like they would just screw up the guy they are playing with and then switch to a guy who's in a position to make a play.

I personally like to stick to the player I use which changes during the game, and carry out my assignment. If I get beat, that's fine. If my CPU teammate gets beat that's fine too. It makes it more rewarding when I get user picks, sacks, tackles for loss because I know I was responsible for 100% of it. I just didn't switch at the last second to a guy who did all the work so I can get the glory.

I really don't have a problem with people who switch but don't assume those that don't just want to sit back and watch the action.
Yeap this is what i mean, it felt a lot more rewarding when i do user pick, sacks or whatever.. it is fun to watch on the middle of the season the guy u are playing with and know those stats are from you playing the game.

I donīt have nothing against those who switch but playing lock on one play isnīt the same as siming the game at all.

Differente perspectives to the game...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »