Home

How did this happen...???

This is a discussion on How did this happen...??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2005, 02:48 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: How did this happen...???

my point is that if any illinois football coach went 9-3 he wouldn't get fired and its a damn video game

i dont want to play 12 games X 3 seasons to suddenly realize i can't play anymore. they need some override feature
Old 07-25-2005, 02:50 PM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Dude I mean if they gave goals to reach and you fell short, I can your **s too. I mean if your boss at your job in real life tells you he needs you complete 3 tasks bye a dead line and then each time you say, I'm sorry boss can I get another day extension, I say yeah your fired there goes your extension
this isn't real life
Old 07-25-2005, 03:25 PM   #11
Banned

stinkpot's Arena

Think Frank Solich. Also, you have no room to complain. You were given goals and didn't come through on a single one. If say Mack Brown lost to OU this year and was fired, the next coach might get something like Win a Big 12 Title, Beat OU, Get in a BCS Bowl. If he didn't do any 3 of those in 3 years, he would be fired. Also, I'm sure your previous 2 seasons were uglier than the 9-3.

In the coaching game today, there's no room for minimal 3-5 year improvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 03:37 PM   #12
Pro

xfactor9600's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseValentinWooo
my point is that if any illinois football coach went 9-3 he wouldn't get fired and its a damn video game

i dont want to play 12 games X 3 seasons to suddenly realize i can't play anymore. they need some override feature
If you don't like the "lofty" goals the computer set for you, play without coaching contracts. You can turn it off when you begin your dynasty on the edict coach screen. I can't imagine playing with contracts off would be fun.

-Byron Larkn-
During Xavier's Defeat of #1 St. Joe's in the 2004 A-10 Tournament.

Hawkeye Hideout!
Xavier Hoops!
Old 07-25-2005, 06:33 PM   #13
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Delete Coach.
Create Coach.
Take Illinois Job.
Problem Solved.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:11 PM   #14
Rookie

wonderl33t's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:

You can select Coach Contracts on or off when you begin dynasty. I don't know whether this option is presented in RFTH
Old 07-25-2005, 07:35 PM   #15
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

I think getting fired after a big year is a bit ridiculous. I feel this should be redone a bit. Maybe minimal, expected and stretch goals. If you take a team that was doing terrible when you came in and turn them into a 9-3 team, you should not be fired, in my opinion.

Another thing with the rotating coaches in NCAA, is when you are fired and have to find another job, why are there like 20-35 schools looking for new coaches? Some are coming off good seasons, even Bowl bids/wins! Other than a major scandal, how many times has a coach been fired after winning a bowl or making it to a bowl?

I feel like all these coaches are getting Willinghammed! I hope they fix this either on NCAA 07 or in the next-gen. Smarter AI for coaching changes.

Last edited by LetsGo0akland; 07-25-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2005, 07:37 PM   #16
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortsoldier
Delete Coach.
Create Coach.
Take Illinois Job.
Problem Solved.
Somewhat defeats the purpose of dynasty. Because that erases all of your previous stats as a coach. Might as well just start over with the real players again if that's what you're gonna do.

You shouldn't have to delete your guy and re-make him if you are unfairly fired. Instead of just settling for a workaround, how about fixing it on the developer's end?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »