Home

In-season recruiting discovery

This is a discussion on In-season recruiting discovery within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2005, 12:06 AM   #1
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12
In-season recruiting discovery

I just noticed that you can actually invite a recruit for a visit during a bye week.

I thought I had screwed myself by not having any home games by the time this kid was ready to come for a visit, but things worked out. After the bye week, it said something along the lines of "Even though it was a bye week, John still enjoyed his visit to our campus. Eventually, he signed with me too.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 09:09 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: In-season recruiting discovery

Thanks for the heads up.

Sounds like it definitely has a bigger impact if you have them in for a big win, though. This is a good thing to keep in mind if you have a bye week as an option but only games left where you're likely to get your *** handed to you.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
MVP

Murph's Arena

OVR: 12

Agreed. I actually had a kid in for a visit during a week where I lost the game. I still got a soft verbal from him, but only because he was on the verge of signing with me anyway. I assume if I had actually won that game, I would've gotten the full-blown commitment from him right then.
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Murph1
Old 08-10-2005, 01:38 PM   #4
Banned

dkgojackets's Arena

OVR: 73

I usually go from 1 star school to another after getting fired, so I try to make all visits during BYE weeks so its not a loss. It still doesn't work though, as I rarely land anyone despite getting soft verbals and having my school at the top of their interest until they sign somewhere else...

I think that putting 100% on one guy isn't good, as three years in a row Ive done that (after already being top on his list) and havent landed the guy
Old 08-10-2005, 05:46 PM   #5
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

I've had feedback from a recruit complaining that it was during a bye week so be careful
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2005, 06:37 PM   #6
Rookie

dirtboyz's Arena

OVR: 5

I will invite the recruit durring an off week just so I can be the first school that he visits. I have had mixed results in my 3 seasons no change most of the time, soft verbal another time, and I even got 2 solid verbals from 2 4* players. I think it all ties in to the % you put on the player and also how your school is doing.
Old 08-10-2005, 11:22 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have found the best time for invites are rivalry games. Even if you lose having the kid there during the rivalry has always gotten some pluses for my self.
Old 08-11-2005, 12:38 AM   #8
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5

I try to get the recruits to a game asap. Cause last season(my first season) i got burned by inviting a kid later in the season. The week before he was scheduled to visit me he went to Florida State and committed after that week. So i got hosed.

So this season i have 3 players coming in for the Minnesota game. Could have brought them in a week before to the Indiana game, but i checked the schedules of the other 2 schools that the recruits were interested in and noticed i was able to get them in for a bigger game. Im doing that with 3 other recruits, i have them coming in for the Michigan game. I just did the same thing to make sure i could get them in for that game without them making a visit to one of the other schools before their visit to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »