Home

Impact Players Overdone!!

This is a discussion on Impact Players Overdone!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2005, 02:17 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Impact Players Overdone!!

Speaking of impact players, I thought they were supposed to change throughout the season. I don't know where I read that but I thought I read that.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:55 PM   #18
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Yeah, obviously if you're getting creamed by someone in the middle of a juke, you're more likely to lose the ball. I only juke in the open field, never in a crowd.

Yes, impact players can change over the course of a season, but they don't always. I've never seen it happen multiple times, but in 2 out of 3 seasons, I've seen it change. Once it was simply a new impact player (I only had 2 to start the year), the next time my best HB was replaced by the backup HB (my best guy got hurt and is out for the year, but my backup is playing so well, he's now an impact player).

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 09-05-2005, 07:00 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I've read where guy's arew starting to turn off HFA and now here's a thread about IMPACT players. I'm confused because if you turn off HFA doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose of having Home Field and great players become equal to other guy's aswell? ...

I haven't seen any crazy stuff from the CPU. I call smart plays and do what teams are suppose to do vs IMPACT players which is try to take them out of the game and for the most part they make plays still but I don't see them doing crazy stuff. I realize I've been playing Madden alot since it came out but why is everyone wanting to make NCAA like Madden and get rid of HFA and reduce the IMPACT players.....
I completely agree. I love HFA and impact players exactly as they are. Home field is huge in football, especially in college. Madden needs to add it, not the other way around.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:20 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

I believe impact players are players that make an impact. So it isn't a problem if you have an impact player who's ratings is in the 80s, but they should not be as good as a higher ranked impact player. Also, teams shouldn't have a desegnated amount of impact players because in real life they obviosuly don't.
Old 09-05-2005, 12:29 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I like the impact players and I actually do not think they are overdone. I think the problem is more with a lack of a real gang tackling engine and super jumps to always catch the ball. If this game had 2k style tackling, you wouldn't have a problem with the RB's being as powerful as they are. The problem is the game presents too many 1 on 1 situations and then if the RB gets passed it he's gone. Better gang tackling system is needed.

Impact QB's can be shored up by following a more logical system for completed passes and having defenders that actually pay some attention when the QB is running out of the pocket.

I don't want them to go back to the days of RB's that just fall just to be falling. They need powerful RB's but they also need a better gang tackling system. Better animation engine to handle it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Impact players can definitely be contained. In the last game of the season in my Utah dynasty we went to Provo to face BYU. Their impact HB, Brown, burned us on their first offensive play for a 71-yd TD. They split him out wide and we had run that nickel play where everyone is in man and the 2 LBs are blitzing inside. I think it's called Thunder Green. He only caught one more pass and ran for about 40 yds. We won 51-24 but we had to work to get the W. Their 4 turnovers really helped too.

I just posted my dynasty in the dynasty section for anyone who'd be interested.

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-06-2005 at 09:14 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #23
Rookie

jahswill's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't think that the impact players themselves are overdone, but when you add the Home Field Advantage with the gigantic player ratings boost, this is where it's overdone. I was playing a random dynasty game over the weekend. I was using playmakers's Heisman Siders. They had been pretty steady. But on this evening Darius Walker of ND put up 369 rushing yards and 5 TDs. Mind you I'm Michigan, and there Defense wouldn't allow almost 400 yds rushing to one man. After the game, I took a look at ND depth chart and Walker had been raised to 99 in almost every related category. This is what's definitely overdone.
Old 09-06-2005, 11:16 AM   #24
Th* N*w F*c* *f D**th

MNOFSTEEL34's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahswill
I don't think that the impact players themselves are overdone, but when you add the Home Field Advantage with the gigantic player ratings boost, this is where it's overdone. I was playing a random dynasty game over the weekend. I was using playmakers's Heisman Siders. They had been pretty steady. But on this evening Darius Walker of ND put up 369 rushing yards and 5 TDs. Mind you I'm Michigan, and there Defense wouldn't allow almost 400 yds rushing to one man. After the game, I took a look at ND depth chart and Walker had been raised to 99 in almost every related category. This is what's definitely overdone.
so do we turn HFA off

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »