Home

Recruiting too easy!!

This is a discussion on Recruiting too easy!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2005, 07:36 PM   #1
cam
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting too easy!!

EA needs to rewrite their recruiting logic next version, it's too easy to get 5 & 4 stars player to commit.

I am playing as Oregon State, which is not a power house school. But my first 3 years, I was able to obtain 5 & 4 star players easily.
My 1st year, 3 (5 star), 19 (4 star)
My 2nd year, 6 (5 star), 16 (4 star), 2 (3 star).

What do you think?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2005, 09:09 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Recruiting too easy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam
EA needs to rewrite their recruiting logic next version, it's too easy to get 5 & 4 stars player to commit.

I am playing as Oregon State, which is not a power house school. But my first 3 years, I was able to obtain 5 & 4 star players easily.
My 1st year, 3 (5 star), 19 (4 star)
My 2nd year, 6 (5 star), 16 (4 star), 2 (3 star).

What do you think?
Well that all depends on what team you are using, their record for that year, the way played ( players will come to your school based on how you played on televised games) what pool of students you are signing from (via interested playes, top 100 etc..) and location. So it's really a complex question I suggest taking a long look and find out what pattern is being taken in your recruiting process..or take it as a blessing that you got a pipeline going...
Old 09-02-2005, 02:22 AM   #3
Banned

LSUFan2004's Arena

OVR: 7

i mandate myself to recruiting half of my players from my home state 25% from states bordering or very near my home state, and the last 25% on players from anywhere. This helps with this sort of thing and makes it a bit more realistic as well.
Old 09-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #4
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

The ONLY time I recruit from states not around mine is during in-season recruiting. It simply costs me too much to recruit out-of-state during the offseason, so I'd say 75% of my targeted players in the offseason, and the other 25% are from either neighboring states or pipeline states.

Miami University
Bicentennial, 1809-2009
Old 09-03-2005, 10:57 AM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam
Recruiting has always been too easy. Here is a situation where EA has to choose between realism, and giving gamers the experience they want, and they choose the latter. Gamers want to take lower tier teams and build them into perennial natial champions, and this doesn't really happen in real life. Sure, teams like Utah will have a surprise year and make it into the top 10. But for the most part, it is usually the same 15 teams or so competing for the NC.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »