Home

Talk about your great games here!

This is a discussion on Talk about your great games here! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-18-2005, 12:06 AM   #9
MVP

phillyfan23's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Talk about your great games here!

hey i'll add my game to the list

penn state (me) vs minnesota...both teams undefeated.

i concentrated the whole game on trying to stop maroney, and in the 1st quarter i did that, contained him at least. but on a 2nd and long play i bit on a counter play and got blocked (i was poz 31) so maroney broke one for 60 plus yards. was 7-0 after one quarter.

2nd quarter both teams struggled to get anything going untill late 2nd i put a good drive together and converted on a 3rd and 5 from the 12 yrd line to deoin butler for the touchdown...tied at 7.

beginning of 2nd minny retunrs the kickoff to psu's 35 yrd line and with their short passing game and solid run attack they marched all the way to my goal line. 1st and goal from the 2....i managed to stifle 3 of maroneys runs and it was 4th and an inch on the goal line. they did a qb sneak and scored.

next drive i had one first down, had to punt while they again marched won the field to my goal line but on 3rd and goal from the 8 i managed to sack the qb with tamba hali....so they make the field goal. 17-7 minny.

now theres 1 min left in the 3rd , i put a good drive together again with hunts rush attack and kicked a 44 yard field goal that was aided by the strong wind. this was beginning of the 4th. 17-10

minny got ball back 3 and out, i got ball first play hunt fumbles deep in my territory a tthe 37, they managed to get a first down but had to attempt a long firled goal agsint the wind.... missed it still 17-10.

i retunr the kickoff deep in their zone and tie the score at 17 with a pass derrick williams....

about 4 mins left in the game now. Minny drove pretty quickly and scored a fg with like 2:50 left...20-17 minny.

i get ball back and started from 25 and managed to get to their 37....i wanted to make sure i was in field goal range before anything, but hunt was stuffed on 1st and 2nd and only got 5 yards on a curl pattern...so this would make a 49 yrd field goal.... 4th and 5 i decided to go for it with like 1:50 left....went for it slant to golden, deflected....now i still have 3 timeouts and minny just wanted to play it safe with run, 1st and 2nd downs gone by now with 1:40 left , 3rd down maroney falls short and fumbles on the 40 yrd line. i recover .

so last chance here, marched all the ay don to goal line , and qb sneak to go up 24-20.....still 45 seconds left in the game...

i went into dime pack and they got to my 35 yard line 4th and long and i stop em

psu wins and moves up to number 23 in the polls

what a game ....

Riz
Old 10-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #10
MVP

olemiss86's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Talk about your great games here!

Mine would have to be during my Heisman Race with Florida. I am at South Carolina my Junior year. South Carolina jumps on top of me 28-3 during the first half. During the second half I score on the opening drive to make it 28-
10. Then South Carolina fumbles the ball on their 40 yard line with 3:30 left in the 3rd. I kicked a field goal after getting two false starts. (51 yard field goal.) The score is now 28-13 with 1:05 left in 3rd. With time at 32 secs., S. Carolina punts the ball to me. I return it all the way to make the score 28-20. Early in the 4th I get a pick that returns to Carolina's 30 yard line. A few plays later I threw a touch down pass to make it 28-26. I missed a 2 point conversion. Then late in 4th quarter I get the ball back. There is 1:02 left in game. I have one time out. I am on my on 14. I put together a great drive to put me down at South Carolina's 31 with 10 secs. left. I let the clock roll to 2 secs. I called time out. I kicked the field goal to win 29-28. Boy what a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »