Home

this is the most frustrating sports title I have ever played

This is a discussion on this is the most frustrating sports title I have ever played within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: this is the most frustrating sports title I have ever played

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufer2
I had put this game away until I read that turning HFA off made a difference. My games have become semi-enjoyable/competitive again.

One other thing about '06 - the framerate issues are a joke. Framerate issues in a sports video game in today's day-and-age are inexcusable. It kills this game!
My PS2 really chugs along sometimes but I don't understand everybody that turns off the HFA. I really prefer to play on the road in a hostile environment and have a tougher game. I don't see a ton more drops or fumbles but have had a couple games that ticked me off. Home field in college ball is huge.

I've played a lot of games all with HFA on and have yet to be so frustrated that I wanted to turn it off. Sometimes I wonder if people are looking to blame HFA or EA scripting for truly random things happening. Maybe it is true but I don't have a problem with it on. To each his own.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:52 AM   #18
Rookie

ufer2's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
My PS2 really chugs along sometimes but I don't understand everybody that turns off the HFA. I really prefer to play on the road in a hostile environment and have a tougher game. I don't see a ton more drops or fumbles but have had a couple games that ticked me off. Home field in college ball is huge.

I've played a lot of games all with HFA on and have yet to be so frustrated that I wanted to turn it off. Sometimes I wonder if people are looking to blame HFA or EA scripting for truly random things happening. Maybe it is true but I don't have a problem with it on. To each his own.
I am all for the home field advantage too. I think it is a HUGE factor in college football. But after getting behind by 5-6 touchdowns in the first half AT LEAST a half-dozen times (due to robo QBs, fumbles, INTs, kick/punt/INT returns and penalties) I had seen enough. I finally swallowed my pride and turned HFA off and its a completely different game IMO.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufer2
I am all for the home field advantage too. I think it is a HUGE factor in college football. But after getting behind by 5-6 touchdowns in the first half AT LEAST a half-dozen times (due to robo QBs, fumbles, INTs, kick/punt/INT returns and penalties) I had seen enough. I finally swallowed my pride and turned HFA off and its a completely different game IMO.
I have never tried with it off so maybe all you guys are right but it hasn't really bothered me. I wonder how many of the people that turn of HFA are XBox vs. PS2 owners since their seems to be a difference (in dropped passes).

Anyway, I would guess HFA seems to be a 10 point advantage in this game for the home team. In my first year I went into LSU with Ole Miss and beat them 17-13 on their own turf when they were undefeated with two weeks left and ranked #2. I finished 6-5 and missed on a bowl game but it felt great to upset their NC dreams.

Edit: HFA does seem to have a much bigger affect on the younger players which I find realistic. Young teams really seem to piss their pants on the road.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:29 AM   #20
Rookie

ufer2's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I have never tried with it off so maybe all you guys are right but it hasn't really bothered me. I wonder how many of the people that turn of HFA are XBox vs. PS2 owners since their seems to be a difference (in dropped passes).

Anyway, I would guess HFA seems to be a 10 point advantage in this game for the home team. In my first year I went into LSU with Ole Miss and beat them 17-13 on their own turf when they were undefeated with two weeks left and ranked #2. I finished 6-5 and missed on a bowl game but it felt great to upset their NC dreams.

Edit: HFA does seem to have a much bigger affect on the younger players which I find realistic. Young teams really seem to piss their pants on the road.
The strange thing is that I didn't feel that HFA was such a big deal in '05. It was a factor, but not the deciding factor.

I agree about the young players in this game. I play USF and Michigan in my dynasty. USF is young across the board and I had trouble on the road (just like in real life), but I was getting wiped out with Michigan (was behind 41-0 at the half at Wisconsin?!). I know Henne is young and so is Hart, but they've been in some battles too.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:21 PM   #21
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

HFA is apart of college football, I agree with that BUT EA has to redo it because its to arcadey I have ps2 and I wasnt only experience drop balls but I was experiencing fumbles,unreal comebacks(cpu cheese) deep ball issue, I notice why these things was happening, its cause with HFA on players ratings change dramatically for home teams and away teams. and when I watch a game and saw wyoming blow out florida at the swamp which florida had 7 TO's I said that was enuff HFA is coming OFF and crowd noise is getting boast up to 90%
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2005, 05:08 PM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
HFA is apart of college football, I agree with that BUT EA has to redo it because its to arcadey I have ps2 and I wasnt only experience drop balls but I was experiencing fumbles,unreal comebacks(cpu cheese) deep ball issue ...
I saw that sometimes but I just chalked it up to these things happen every once in awhile. I never saw this every game - maybe once a season when my team was really young. I have played a lot of games with it on and don't worry about it. I do cover the ball up though near impact LBs.
Old 10-30-2005, 12:29 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

found a new thing that drives me nuts.....the pinballing runners you go to tackle and they bounce right off of you ARGH1!!1!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2005, 01:27 AM   #24
Pro

WFU2521's Arena

OVR: 7

yeah iget frustrated with the game if i play it for awhile. you just have to take a break from the game for like a week. ive had to do this many times especially with 05.

sometimes i just want to play madden because its more realistic, but i suck with the offseason mode part of a franchise. so i always end up going back to NCAA

not sure if this will help you or not, but one night i went and did the pass skeleton drill in the spring drills game mode. anyways it seems like my completion percentage has gone up for some reason.

Wake Forest

ATL Braves

It all started back in '99 when time was hard, North Carolina Central but we called it the yard...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »