Home

Finally 'into' NCAA 06

This is a discussion on Finally 'into' NCAA 06 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2006, 12:18 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Finally 'into' NCAA 06

I bought NCAA 06 the day it came out like many of you. Couldn't wait for all the new features and love the franchise anyway. Well, unfortunately, I could never get 'into' this game, where I really loved it and wanted to play it.

The bugs like the stats glitches and whatnot really irked me, mostly 20+ yd runs, pancakes, and QB stats. Rushing was way too easy on AA, like 200 yards every game at least (with the badgers). But everything was to hard on heisman, and the cpu cheated, no doubt. Tried playing all different forms of dynasty's, but nothing caught my interest. Probably fired it up every other week only to put it down. With bowls going, I figured I would try all new sliders and see if I can finally figure something out. Well, most of you know how the QB ratings thing is fixed now, so that's a start. But I have finally found a great set of sliders for myself which feel so realistic.

2nd season in my Badgers dynasty (simmed the first) with 6 min Q's on AA, I am having a blast. 2-2 through my first 4 games. Played great competition and all 4 games were greatest games. I played #25 BC, #23 ND, #14 Colorado, and #3 michigan in that order to start the year.

First game against BC, I found myself down 24-0 in the 2nd quarter, and calhoun only had 33yds, amazing!! finally I'm giving up a few yards on the ground and my running game is getting shut down. I made a glorious comeback which resulted in a failed hail mary and a 24-27 defeat. Calhoun ended with 121 and 2 TD's. He's a 97 overall after coming back from almost declaring for the draft, so I expected him to be unstopable with my style and O-Line.

2nd game vs. Notre Dame was another great one. Quinn was hurt for the season in the first game, and my D capitalized with 7 sacks against the backup. Calhoun ran well, 171 and 1 touch, and my #2 reicever Marcus Randel EL (Antwans bro) had 172 and a touch receiving. I won 35-24 and what was a really close game until Calhouns 33 yd TD with 1:23 put it away.

Colorado was by far the best game, we had even ratings and played an even game. They came out fierce in Camp Randall, jumping on me 21-0. With 7 secs left in the 1st half, I had a bomb picked and returned all the way for a TD. Figured it was over with a 28 point halftime deficit and Brian Calhoun off the radar. Well scored a quick one to start the 2nd. Then a big stop, another score on a long pitch, catch and run. Forced another stop and scored my 21st point of the quarter on a PR for TD making it 28-21 at half. Gave up a long pass TD to go down by 14 with 5 min to go. A nice drive capped by a 21 yard calhound TD brought me within 7. As they tried to run out the clock, my user controlled MLB forced a fumble and picked it up with 1:18 to go. short pass and big move by Randel el ended up as a 67 yard gain getting me down to the 2. SHut down and 1st and 2nd down before finally getting in with 12 secs left and tying the game. Scored 1st in OT, and stopped them on 4th from the 2 yd line to win. Greatnes score: 1232

Finally, in the big house. Mich dominated me. Hart ran all over me before getting hurt in the 3rd. He had 122 and 2 TD's. Calhoun got shut down, 49 yards and a 2.5 avg. GOt smoked 41-21.

So it's finally fun for me...anyone else in the same boat where the just couldn't get into this game, or finally did??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-04-2006, 11:29 AM   #2
MVP

DaHokieBird's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Finally 'into' NCAA 06

I spent last semester studying abroad in Europe, so I only got to play the game 3 weeks before I left. So, I've been playing it LIKE CRAZY! I too find running a little easy, but it hasn't bothered me that much.

Thanks,
DaHokieBird
Old 01-04-2006, 09:07 PM   #3
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

Would you post those sliders? I'm ready to get back into the game myself, but I'm having the same problems you were with the 20 yard runs, pancakes, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrades
I bought NCAA 06 the day it came out like many of you. Couldn't wait for all the new features and love the franchise anyway. Well, unfortunately, I could never get 'into' this game, where I really loved it and wanted to play it.

The bugs like the stats glitches and whatnot really irked me, mostly 20+ yd runs, pancakes, and QB stats. Rushing was way too easy on AA, like 200 yards every game at least (with the badgers). But everything was to hard on heisman, and the cpu cheated, no doubt. Tried playing all different forms of dynasty's, but nothing caught my interest. Probably fired it up every other week only to put it down. With bowls going, I figured I would try all new sliders and see if I can finally figure something out. Well, most of you know how the QB ratings thing is fixed now, so that's a start. But I have finally found a great set of sliders for myself which feel so realistic.

2nd season in my Badgers dynasty (simmed the first) with 6 min Q's on AA, I am having a blast. 2-2 through my first 4 games. Played great competition and all 4 games were greatest games. I played #25 BC, #23 ND, #14 Colorado, and #3 michigan in that order to start the year.

First game against BC, I found myself down 24-0 in the 2nd quarter, and calhoun only had 33yds, amazing!! finally I'm giving up a few yards on the ground and my running game is getting shut down. I made a glorious comeback which resulted in a failed hail mary and a 24-27 defeat. Calhoun ended with 121 and 2 TD's. He's a 97 overall after coming back from almost declaring for the draft, so I expected him to be unstopable with my style and O-Line.

2nd game vs. Notre Dame was another great one. Quinn was hurt for the season in the first game, and my D capitalized with 7 sacks against the backup. Calhoun ran well, 171 and 1 touch, and my #2 reicever Marcus Randel EL (Antwans bro) had 172 and a touch receiving. I won 35-24 and what was a really close game until Calhouns 33 yd TD with 1:23 put it away.

Colorado was by far the best game, we had even ratings and played an even game. They came out fierce in Camp Randall, jumping on me 21-0. With 7 secs left in the 1st half, I had a bomb picked and returned all the way for a TD. Figured it was over with a 28 point halftime deficit and Brian Calhoun off the radar. Well scored a quick one to start the 2nd. Then a big stop, another score on a long pitch, catch and run. Forced another stop and scored my 21st point of the quarter on a PR for TD making it 28-21 at half. Gave up a long pass TD to go down by 14 with 5 min to go. A nice drive capped by a 21 yard calhound TD brought me within 7. As they tried to run out the clock, my user controlled MLB forced a fumble and picked it up with 1:18 to go. short pass and big move by Randel el ended up as a 67 yard gain getting me down to the 2. SHut down and 1st and 2nd down before finally getting in with 12 secs left and tying the game. Scored 1st in OT, and stopped them on 4th from the 2 yd line to win. Greatnes score: 1232

Finally, in the big house. Mich dominated me. Hart ran all over me before getting hurt in the 3rd. He had 122 and 2 TD's. Calhoun got shut down, 49 yards and a 2.5 avg. GOt smoked 41-21.

So it's finally fun for me...anyone else in the same boat where the just couldn't get into this game, or finally did??
Old 01-04-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkdawg
Would you post those sliders? I'm ready to get back into the game myself, but I'm having the same problems you were with the 20 yard runs, pancakes, etc...

Sure, I'll post em in a little bit. This is the most fun I've had in a dynasty ever. Beating the poor teams like Indiana and Illinios by 25ish, having great games with equal teams, and getting pounded by the good ones, like Penn St where I lost 52-17, mostly because I had 6 TO's. Best part is the realistic stats for once. Calhoun is still a beast, but numbers are sane. Only onee getting major pancake numbers is my LT Joe Thomas, he is leading the nation with 72, which still isnt' totally unbelievable and he is an All-American. If anyone wants to give my sliders a try go for it, but don't expect similar results
Old 01-04-2006, 11:28 PM   #5
Rookie

Offensive code - 1Vptz5n0 - I think it's is a zero and not the letter 'o'. Pancakes are pretty realistic, and running isn't as easy for the user. Especially a avg/poor runner and line vs. a good D. Receivers still drop some and QB's make a few errant passes but feels realistic. CPU offense is pretty fair too

Defensive code - b1m5XrX3 - Seems pretty good to me both ways. I get realistic stats in general and the interceptions and knockdowns are pretty well tuned

Special teams - Mwjc2882 - had to do some tuning for these just based on what I noticed and they seem pretty good

these are 6-7 min quarters depending on your speed on AA. I get the most realistic stats I have ever had. I am between 10th-100th in every ranking for offense and defense. Before these sliders I would either be 1st or last in some catgories. I also have been getting a realistic number of plays per game, about 50-60ish. Have fun and let me know your results
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2006, 11:58 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

The code system is funky...anyway you could post the percentages.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #7
Rookie

hey my sliders are almost the same and I play the same quarter lengths, however for true realism I adjust the sliders according to their star players. ie) in your sliders and mine I'll bump up QB acc for a stud QB
Old 01-12-2006, 05:18 PM   #8
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schrades

I have had NCAA since last August but couldn't get into it until recently when I finally got a set of sliders that work for me. I am loving it and in fact just had my first blocked punt in any type of football game. It was at Kentucky with my Gators...the only thing was I couldn't figure out how to save it (I am guessing NCAA doesn't allow for saves).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »