Home

Rose Bowl Part II

This is a discussion on Rose Bowl Part II within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #1
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Rose Bowl Part II

While my wife was watching Dancing with the Stars, I figured I would get in a Rose Bowl matchup playing with Texas at USC. The game happened to be in the rain - I guess I should have picked the weather.

Anyway, this was probably the greatest game I have ever played despite the fact the CPU didn't rank it in my top 10. I lost 47-44 in double OT. USC jumped out to a 10-0 lead early although I pulled back and was down 13-10 at the half. I lead 24-20 late in the 3rd until I let USC score consecutive TDs to go up 34-24 in the 4th. I answered back with a deep ball and pulled within 3. I got the ball back and lost it on downs only to force a punt and get the ball back with under 20 seconds to go. Here it got a little cheap as I hit a 40 yard pass to the USC 29 with three seconds left and tried to get off a no huddle but USC was whistled for encroachment. This gave me the ball at their 24 with no time left and I hit a field goal to send it to OT.

All game long I was able to control Reggie Bush which was my goal but he did score a TD in OT. Leinart was killing me all game long and I never sacked him or stopped him. I chose to go 2nd in OT and they scored first and I scored on my possession. I got the ball first in the second OT and got sacked on 2nd down. My WR dropped a pass on third and I missed the field goal. I held USC to 0 yards on three plays which I hadn't really done all game but they still sneaked the field goal through to beat me. It was a blast though.

Stats for the game:
Texas USC
First Downs 26 28
Total Yards 580 531
Rush 35-142 28-94
Pass 15-32-3-3 30-42-2-2
Sacked 4 0

Vince Young was 15-32 for 438 yards (yes I abused the deep ball) 3 TDs and 3 INTs. He rushed 16 times for 71 yards and 2 TDs (5 total TDs). Selmon Young rushed 16 times for 71 yards.

Leinart was great other than 1 bad pick. His other was tipped in the end zone. He finished 30-42 for 437 yards, 2 TDs and 2 INTs. Jarrett killed me catching 14 balls for 246 yards and 1 TD. Bush was quiet until late in the game and I held him to 25 carries and only 78 yards but 2 TDs. He caught just 1 ball for 7 yards while L.White did nothing.

I still can't believe this was my best game ever and it didn't rank in my top 10.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »