Home

Best 'B' Team

This is a discussion on Best 'B' Team within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21
Best 'B' Team

What is the best team with no 'A' stats.

I joined a league and it is b teams only so these teams are banned

Alabama
Auburn
colorado
florida
FSU
Georgia
Georgia Tech
IOWA
LSU
MIAMI
MICHIGAN
Minnesota
NC State
Nebraska
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Purdue
Tennessee
Texas
Texas A&M
Texas Tech
UCLA
USC
Virginia
Virginia Tech

I'mt hinking I might get memphis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2006, 05:49 PM   #2
Pro

TerpsJunkie's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Best 'B' Team

Go with Louisville.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

VT. You get Vick and a strong defense.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 01-13-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

Notice the list of banned teams I posted.... and even if I could I wouldn't pick the Virginia Thugies
Old 01-13-2006, 06:18 PM   #5
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliethebum85
Notice the list of banned teams I posted.... and even if I could I wouldn't pick the Virginia Thugies
I thought those were the ones you could pick.

Thugies? Nice try.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2006, 08:04 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

I always enjoy using Missouri, as I love Brad Smith.

You could also try Fresno State, or Wisconsin you get a great rb and a solid defense
Old 01-14-2006, 08:09 PM   #7
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

I took Missouri
Old 01-17-2006, 07:48 PM   #8
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

I have researched this greatly and there are a few B teams that are definitely dangerous to use:

Notre Dame
Penn State
South Carolina
Maryland
Louisville
Kansas State
Cal
Oregon
Oregon State

Notre Dame is solid on offense and has a FB, TE, RG and RT all over 90 overall. You have the option of using Brady Quinn and the back-up QB ( who is very fast for the option.) The Fighting Irish defense is not as strong as some of the other B teams but has a 90 ovr FS.

Penn State is another solid choice. Michael Robinson at quarterback provides the fast scrambling QB that can keep defenses on their heels and really one-dimensional. The players at the skill positions are solid. The RG is a 90 ovr and the LT is also strong. The defense is loaded. The secondary has six players over 80 OVR... the DLine and Linebackers are also very strong with a two solid bookend DEs ( 89 and 90 OVR) and the stud at LOLB is a 89 OVR.

South Carolina is a very strong B team. They have both an 89 and 87 overall RBs. They also have a decent WR. Their strength on offense is that they have a 91 ovr LT, a 88 ovr LG and a 89 ovr RT. You also have the luxury of moving WR Syvelle Newton to his former position QB. He is a very mobile QB with a very strong and accurate arm... if you're league allows this type of move. The defense is led by a 93 ovr ROLB and a 95 ovr FS named Ko Simpson. All defensive players are rated over 80 OVR and they have the luxury of having a 12th player that is rated 82 OVR at the number two MLB.

Maryland's strength lies with its defense... but there are decent weapons on offense.

Cal is an offensive juggernaut if you can run the ball successfully. The right side of their offensive line is rated as follows: C 92, RG 91, RT 91. If you can't run to the right side of the line with a 90 ovr RB and a 92 ovr FB you have no business playing the game. And don't forget about the stud freshman WR De'Sean Jackson (?)... who would be a lot higher than his 84 ovr if it wasn't for the AWR rating. ( USER CATCH takes care of that.) Their defense has some holes but there is solid players in McClesky at SS who is a 97 ovr.

Louisville is a solid B team too. They have Brian Brohm, Mike Bush and Kolby Smith in the backfield. And if you must have a scrambler you can always move Bush to QB. He is effective and a nice change-up to the offense. The WR unit is very solid. The offensive line is decent as well with LT Leffew (92 ovr) and C Spitz (88 ovr). The defense has some obvious holes but none that are absolutely glaring. They are led by RE Elvis Dumervil (92 ovr) and DT Montavious Stanley (90 ovr). The LB's are fast and even faster if you place OLB Nate Harris at MLB as he plays in real life.

My own personal favorite B teams to use are Cal, Louisville and Maryland. Toledo and Northern Illinois are also teams that I can compete with.

As for B teams that I have trouble with it seems that Oregon State runs all over me whenever I use a B team versus them... and even Oregon if someone uses the mobile QB Dixon.

** Note: Check with your league rules before placing players other than QBs at that position. Some allow players with passing attributes to play QB in their leagues but others balk at that notion.

I know that:
Louisville has RB Mike Bush.
South Carolina has WR Syvelle Newton
Texas Tech has WR Robert Johnson
Nebraska has S Mike Stuntz
Iowa State has a WR that can play QB.
There are many others... but some don't have the pre-requisite speed that most people like to play the QB position.

Personally... I don't move these players to the QB position and avoid it. But there are TWO CONDITIONS that I will encounter that will force my hand to make the move.
1) I am playing someone that is using Texas or Ohio State and is just running Young and Smith around scrambling throughout the pocket like crazy.
2) The guy is running Nickle Green and using the A/B blitz...

Then I go to the mobile QB. I've only played three people that I have used this against in almost 160 games but they really pissed me off so I moved Mike Bush to QB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »