Home

Anyone heard about a device for 360 game saves/NCAA roster transfers yet?

This is a discussion on Anyone heard about a device for 360 game saves/NCAA roster transfers yet? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-14-2006, 03:46 AM   #1
JFo
Rookie

OVR: 2
Anyone heard about a device for 360 game saves/NCAA roster transfers yet?

I know July seems a long ways away but Im already worried about not being able to get NCAA rosters when they come out and Im also saddened that most likely Blacklover wont be doing 360 ones,which I have used on PS2 for years now...I have read that the USB ports cant be used for game saves via Flash Drives/Memory sticks and also read that Microsoft is opposed to the Action replay ,which I never used before as I used the old PS2 Sharkport, and even said they werent allowing third parties to make any devices so does that mean no transferring game saves or is Microsoft just cornering the market so they can make it and everyone would have to buy it from them

any ideas yet..i know its still early
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2006, 04:13 AM   #2
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Anyone heard about a device for 360 game saves/NCAA roster transfers yet?

Thats a damn good question. And one I have been thinking about myself.
Old 01-14-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFo
I know July seems a long ways away but Im already worried about not being able to get NCAA rosters when they come out and Im also saddened that most likely Blacklover wont be doing 360 ones,which I have used on PS2 for years now...I have read that the USB ports cant be used for game saves via Flash Drives/Memory sticks and also read that Microsoft is opposed to the Action replay ,which I never used before as I used the old PS2 Sharkport, and even said they werent allowing third parties to make any devices so does that mean no transferring game saves or is Microsoft just cornering the market so they can make it and everyone would have to buy it from them

any ideas yet..i know its still early
MS has placed a block on file sharing devices.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Do you know why?
Old 01-14-2006, 09:40 PM   #5
JFo
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well I might sound real stupid for this but if XBOX 360 wont allow me to go online and get some NCAA rosters then transfer to my XBOX i will have to be trading it in for a pS3 if they allow becuz I only play about 3 games a year and NCAA is one and I must have rosters..I just dotn understand why its such a big deal if we share game saves or rosters or whatever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2006, 09:43 PM   #6
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Because it can cause a lot of **** over Xbox Live. However, if EA continues it's "EA Locker" stuff, I can see people making the rosters, and then uploading them to the Locker.

However, no one knows if the locker will continue.

I doubt the PS2 will allow external data transfer accessories.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 01-17-2006, 06:57 PM   #7
Pro

FAIRDALE_KINGS's Arena

OVR: 13

Regardless of how the rosters can be transferred for NCAA '07 on the 360... I will be releasing rosters once again this summer.

It seems that the most likely way for everyone to acquire them would be to purchase a memory card and mail them to me.... as many do right now. It would definitely be more convenient though if there was a device similar to the current Action Replay (who I should have royalties for all the people that have purchased them striclty for my XBOX NCAA rosters). Or if EA does expand on the whole EA Locker thing.

If anyone does find any news on a solution for how the rosters are transferred please don't hesitate to contact me at [email protected] or visit my website ( y'know- the one in my sig. Look down!!)
Old 01-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
t3g
Rookie

t3g's Arena

OVR: 4

Because Microsoft is really pushing single player achievements on the Xbox 360, a "cheating device" like Action Replay would mess up their plans. It does make sense though: why should we spend all of this time getting achievements to brag about on the internet when we can download a simple save and get it over with?

But on the other hand, people have used Action Replay for good via roster saves and so forth. I rarely have used my Xbox AR for cheating but it has become valuable the last few years in getting the latest rosters for not only NCAA, but the other EA and 2K Sports games. I would rather play NCAA Football with players that I know instead of referring to them as "HB #3" or whatever.

I don't know if EA has this for Madden on the 360, but the prospect of the EA Locker sounds nice. People like FAIRDALE_KINGS who edit their rosters, upload them to the EA Locker, and make them available to download would solve our worries. I mean... we are paying $50 a year to play games on Xbox Live, why not give us extra options to benefit us?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »