Home

A little NCAA 2007 info

This is a discussion on A little NCAA 2007 info within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2006, 11:03 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: A little NCAA 2007 info

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
They need to upgrade defense. Right now it's pretty much a scorefest and the defense is just there to stop the other team from scoring on the first play of their drives.
True. Although the defenses in college football seem to be getting worse and worse every year overall anyway. Sometimes it does seem like the name of the game should be Pac-10 Football though. Maybe the defensive audibles will help.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:11 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBGod
as per http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=281508

* All-New Momentum System—Capitalize on your window of opportunity as big plays, defensive stops, trick plays, and special teams keep you in a constant struggle for momentum.

* Back to School—Excel in the classroom to improve your overall character, and then balance your time wisely between studies, practice, and social events as you live the life of a Student Athlete.

* All-New Spring Game—Determine your depth chart in Dynasty Mode and decide whether to red-shirt incoming blue chip freshmen by evaluating their performances in the annual spring game.

* New Spring Drills—Hone your skills with 11 new and challenging mini-games focusing on all aspects of the game, including Rush the Quarterback, Passing Distance, and more.

* New Ways to Play—Utilize new gameplay mechanics like Jump the Snap, Slide Protection, Smart Routes, Defensive Hot Routes, and Precision Passing to gain every advantage over your rivals.

* All-New ESPN Integration—Get the latest sports news with real-time updates from ESPN Radio, and track all your latest Dynasty information via ESPN the Magazine and ESPN.com.
1. Wow, it will be like Blitz now
2. I didn't go to class the first time I was in college, why would I want to in a video game?
3. Cool
4. Pretty Cool
5. Can't wait to see how the online cheesers use "jump the snap". I like the defensive hot routes though.
6. Always cool.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:13 AM   #35
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I personally don't care much for the defensive hot routes. I think that gives too much unrealistic control to a user. I would rather see more defensive plays and a better audible system (like 2K5) where they show specific plays on screen by formation so you have more choices and less guesswork.

I just don't know how much individual defensive audibling that really goes on during a game, especially college. I think plays and fronts/coverages get changed but its a group thing not an individual thing. Seriously, does the strong side DE get audibled into spy and then the WLB audibles to a blitz, and then...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2006, 11:36 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am waiting for a game that will break in with highlights of other games between snaps or quarters. You might have some measure of influence on which ones would do that... like if you were in a tight BCS race and the (1)Miami-(4)FSU game was being played while your game was ongoing.

Maybe the next generation.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:11 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 62

One can only hope EA is paying attention to message boards and realize that it seems a vast majority of people don't want some of this stuff. I guess Online play will be ruined earlier than usually this year. We know they won't fix glitches such as the Analog Blitz, so why believe they won't make it easier for the Cheeser to win.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #38
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by writinguy
I am waiting for a game that will break in with highlights of other games between snaps or quarters. You might have some measure of influence on which ones would do that... like if you were in a tight BCS race and the (1)Miami-(4)FSU game was being played while your game was ongoing.

That would be sweet. It's ideas like this that are truly "next generation" in my mind. Not just crisper graphics and more memory for more stat-keeping.

-Ryan

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 04-12-2006, 12:36 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:

LOL, the Genesis versions of Madden even had that feature. My guess as to why that feature got removed is that back they had one field background and the players were just palette swapped sprites. Today, you'd have to wait 30 or so seconds for the other games stadiums, player models and unis to load, watch the clip, and then wait another 30 seconds or so for the game yyou're playing to load back up. Not many players would want to sit through that more than once or twice before they turned it off.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:38 PM   #40
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:

That is a great idea but its a last generation idea, not a next generation idea. They used to do that for NHL 94 even I think. They used to break to a highlight of a game and you would just watch them play. It wasn't even a scripted highlight - the CPU just played but the goalies were 100% sieves. Any shot went in. It was still fun.

2K5's halftime show, postgame shows and weekly wrap up shows with highlights showed that these aren't next gen ideas. Its all about allocating resources and time for programmers since most of this stuff could be done easily on current gen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »