Home

Anyone else worried about the 360 version?

This is a discussion on Anyone else worried about the 360 version? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Anyone else worried about the 360 version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
Exactly! And let me tell you something, that "talking to players thing" is very overrated. I happen to be lucky enough to live in an area where I come into contact with Eagles players all the time. A majority go to the same barbershop I go to. Based on various conversations I have and heard with some of the players, I can safely say I think a developer could get more from talking to a few of us than they could a number actual players. This might not be the case for a player like say a Marshall Faulk who I hear really studies the game. The impression I've developed is that a number of these guys are just passionate about the money, not the actual game. I would probably be the same way, my point being I'm not as quick to give so much weight to the input of players into a game.
Yeah and from watching the Madden Challenge that had all pro players playing Madden I have to agree. I saw 3 occassions at least where on 3rd or 4th and goal to go the defensive player picked nickel or dime defense. We're not talking from the 8 or 9 yard line either, I mean the 1 or 2 yard line. What kind of idiot calls dime defense on 4th and goal at the 1 yard line? Evidently alot of NFL players do.

Out of NFL players I'll bet 8 out of 10 only understand their position and how to play it and don't understand the overall strategic element of football either offensively or defensively. The other 2 are like Faulk and Peyton Manning and guys who really are like us in that they really enjoy the game and want to understand it as much as they can, not just play their position and that be it. But alot of guys are playing for the paycheck, not because they love football.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2006, 12:25 PM   #26
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3271
Im not worried at all about the 360 version. I've already conceded to the fact that it will be a bad game.
That's truly overkill cynicism. It may or may not be good but the fact is the devs have had over a year to work on it so it may be great. I don't imagine it will be anything like Madden 360 in how stripped down that game was. There will be a few things we don't understand why they aren't there i'm sure but I don't think it will be a bad game, not by any longshot.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 05-03-2006, 01:24 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3
Angry Re: Anyone else worried about the 360 version?

Hey guys I think enough is enough. It has been several years of griping and complaining and there has never been a move from EA that would constitute an evolution of change in how they expand or improve on their core engine. I am done with expecting anything more then the illusion of football being played, from the makers at Tibuiron. It should be evident to everyone now that the corporate bar or standard is just set low enough for developers to just get by on what a laymen would consider football.
I honestly do not think they will change or even mature the physics engine to any degree that would satisfy us, cost is king in this industry and as long as madden has no competition what is the motivation to commit time and money doing so. Ask your self why? Why would EA commit part of its cost structure to do so if there is not a significant monetary gain. Those of you that are still in school and are not apart of corporate yet may not see this, but you will, and we are stuck with this engine and all the crappy elements that come with it.
I am a very aggravated sports gaming fan and I am very dissappointed with the state of affairs, sorry for ranting
Old 05-03-2006, 01:42 PM   #28
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
Hey guys I think enough is enough. It has been several years of griping and complaining and there has never been a move from EA that would constitute an evolution of change in how they expand or improve on their core engine. I am done with expecting anything more then the illusion of football being played, from the makers at Tibuiron. It should be evident to everyone now that the corporate bar or standard is just set low enough for developers to just get by on what a laymen would consider football.
I honestly do not think they will change or even mature the physics engine to any degree that would satisfy us, cost is king in this industry and as long as madden has no competition what is the motivation to commit time and money doing so. Ask your self why? Why would EA commit part of its cost structure to do so if there is not a significant monetary gain. Those of you that are still in school and are not apart of corporate yet may not see this, but you will, and we are stuck with this engine and all the crappy elements that come with it.
I am a very aggravated sports gaming fan and I am very dissappointed with the state of affairs, sorry for ranting
I share some of your pain but I think i'm more optimistic than you are. Maybe it's because I've been videogaming since the days of little dots and beeps and boops so i'm more happy with what we have than what we used to have is a part of it. Evolution of sports games will continue, we just have to be more patient than we really want to be.

Old 05-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #29
Rookie

biggtyme13's Arena

GHOST RECON SAINTS ROW AND A FEW OTHER GAMES WERE ALL SUPPOSED TO BE LAUNCH TITLES BUT THEY DIDNT HAVE ENUFF TIME TO FINISH EA DIDNT HAVE THAT LUXORY IF THEY WAITED ON MADDEN THERE WOULD BE NO REASON TO COME OUT WITH THE GAME SO THEY GAVE US WHAT THEY HAD.
Old 05-03-2006, 04:17 PM   #30
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Out of NFL players I'll bet 8 out of 10 only understand their position and how to play it and don't understand the overall strategic element of football either offensively or defensively. The other 2 are like Faulk and Peyton Manning and guys who really are like us in that they really enjoy the game and want to understand it as much as they can, not just play their position and that be it. But alot of guys are playing for the paycheck, not because they love football.
That's an interesting point. I think football players (in large part) understand far more about the actual game of football than they're given credit for. But there's a huge difference between playing real football and playing Madden football. And a lot of these guys may not take the game as seriously as many of us do. And why should they? I'm sure if an offensive lineman looked at his role in Madden, he'd flip it off as casual nonsense. If you take Peyton Manning and all his knowledge of football, and he was familiar with the controller layout of the game, he'd still get blown out by some idiot that played more to Madden's quirks than to using real life strategies.
Old 05-03-2006, 10:52 PM   #31
Rookie

Post Re: Anyone else worried about the 360 version?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I share some of your pain but I think i'm more optimistic than you are. Maybe it's because I've been videogaming since the days of little dots and beeps and boops so i'm more happy with what we have than what we used to have is a part of it. Evolution of sports games will continue, we just have to be more patient than we really want to be.
Well I do have faith in the gaming industry as a whole... I was very excited with 2k's push on the football front and was, like everybody else, looking forward to a few years of knock em-sock em competition between VC and EA... but oh well... I hear ya
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2006, 02:01 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantKingNy
VC & EA both do this..None of them have the guts to create a true sim, cause they feel the majority won't buy it..Thats rubbish..Look how well sim racing games sell!! I also love how they pat themselves on the back with stements like, we have the perfect blend of sim & arcade so casual & hardcore gamers can both enjoy it..Wrong!! It's more like 70% arcade 30% sim.. I can't wait to see what NBA 2k7 & Live has in store for us...

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »