Home

The botching of "next gen"....

This is a discussion on The botching of "next gen".... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-20-2006, 10:04 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: The botching of "next gen"....

Really dagger, you make great points about the programming side of things...but it just sounds like another excuse to get EA out of hot water.

Although it may not be a excuse, it just sounds like another excuse and I am tired of them.

Just release a Football game on par with NFL 2k5...that is all I am asking of EAsports. I am probably going to end up buying 2k5 again, hoping to hold on until the 5 year agreement is over and hoping No Fun League and the Evil Association will not renew it. If they don't renew it I can see NCAA following suit.

I know I am bringing up a old issue about exclusive licenses, but someone made a good point. So far it has been bad. It isn't looking too good, and I have a bad feeling about the NBA, hopefully they won't even consider bids.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:06 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
It isn't looking too good, and I have a bad feeling about the NBA, hopefully they won't even consider bids.
EA tried, but was turned down.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:09 PM   #19
No end in sight...

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leahmic223
Really dagger, you make great points about the programming side of things...but it just sounds like another excuse to get EA out of hot water.

Although it may not be a excuse, it just sounds like another excuse and I am tired of them.

Just release a Football game on par with NFL 2k5...that is all I am asking of EAsports. I am probably going to end up buying 2k5 again, hoping to hold on until the 5 year agreement is over and hoping No Fun League and the Evil Association will not renew it. If they don't renew it I can see NCAA following suit.

I know I am bringing up a old issue about exclusive licenses, but someone made a good point. So far it has been bad. It isn't looking too good, and I have a bad feeling about the NBA, hopefully they won't even consider bids.
im not making excuses, just trying to point out that writing software is a little bit more complicated and takes more time than most people seem to believe.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:10 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangpow
EA tried, but was turned down.
Correction......EA and 2K tried, but both were turned down.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:14 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Correction......EA and 2K tried, but both were turned down.
I didn't know 2K tried, too. Well, it was a good move by the NBA to not go exclusive because I think they have a few different NBA licensed games out there beside NBA 2K and NBA Live, like NBA Ballers and NBA Street.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2006, 10:18 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagger55
im not making excuses, just trying to point out that writing software is a little bit more complicated and takes more time than most people seem to believe.
Yeah, I know it is hard to program the simplest things for me and I just started to take classes. I am just saying that it just sounds like another excuse for EA. I can see after a failed NCAA 360 a EA rep saying something along the lines of....

"People don't understand the transition of what we are trying to do. It is harder than it seems and I think next year, we will understand the systems better and try to take advantage of it."

Yet NBA2k7 and Live 07 will be improved by leaps and bounds every year simply because they are going against each other.

Sigh, I am now wondering why EA even bought the ESPN license. I am guessing just to have it. They have had it over a year now and all they are doing is occasionaly slapping the logo in menu's and making a 'ESPN Classics' mode which would have been there just under a different name any ways.

I don't need a "ESPN Classic" mode to play Ali vs Fraiser.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:24 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Yet NBA2k7 and Live 07 will be improved by leaps and bounds every year simply because they are going against each other.
They'll both be better because they've had a year to work on the game instead of the engine. Madden for 07 will be much improved because the engine is already there.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:26 PM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
They'll both be better because they've had a year to work on the game instead of the engine. Madden for 07 will be much improved because the engine is already there.
One would expect it to be better, right?

It's not like they have to do a whole lot to do in order to make Madden '07 "much improved" over Madden '06.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »