Home

What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them

This is a discussion on What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-26-2006, 11:49 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Uh if they base it off a players real speed he should be a 99...I was at the Texas Relays and dude smoked some of the fastest track guys in the nation. Dude ran a 10.18 in the 100 meters & killed his leg in the 4X100 relay...he's a 99
who are you talking about?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 05-26-2006, 11:50 AM   #34
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
who are you talking about?
Jamal Charles
Old 05-26-2006, 12:03 PM   #35
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcculac
This intrigues me as well. I was floored when Darby was in the top 7 in the country when most "experts" have him pegged as, at best, 3rd in the SEC. Without getting into the offenseive line arguments between Auburn and Alabama, I will say that I believe McFadden and Irons are 1a and 1b in the league and the ratings should reflect as much.

The Darby apologists continue to harp on the fact that he ran behind a much worse O Line than Irons did. However, that shouldnt change much this year either so that argument isn't valid. What the UA fans neglect to mention though is that Irons was averaging about 9 carries a game for 64 yards (through 5 games) before his breakout game against Arkansas, a game in which he wasn't even the starter. After Lester went down, Irons averaged over 140 yards/game over the final 7 games, while going for 220 against LSU and 180 against Georgia. Irons didn't even start his first game until October 22 in Baton Rouge. A breakdown of SEC games only would reveal that Darby had something like 840 yards against SEC teams while Irons had 940. Irons also scored about 14 touchdowns while Darby reeled off 3.
I agree 100%. Alabama's offense is a joke compared to Auburn's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2006, 12:04 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Uh if they base it off a players real speed he should be a 99...I was at the Texas Relays and dude smoked some of the fastest track guys in the nation. Dude ran a 10.18 in the 100 meters & killed his leg in the 4X100 relay...he's a 99
That's nice, but Carter (and probably Ginn) are significantly faster, so unless they're being rated 105 speed, Charles shouldn't be a 99 speed. He's fast, yes, but he's not faster than those two, period. Until he can cut .3 off his 200, that's just the way it is.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #37
All Star

SuperBowlNachos's Arena

OVR: 21

Jamaal will probably still be around 90-93 ovr with 96+ speed. He is faster than Adrian Peterson who had 93 speed on last years game.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:43 PM   #38
Rookie

foreverhorn's Arena

OVR: 4

Well I guess we can all just agree to disagree with you Mr. Soldier.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:07 PM   #39
Rookie

KoachYo's Arena

OVR: 2
Smile Re: What teams are you curious to see how EA treated them

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
That's nice, but Carter (and probably Ginn) are significantly faster, so unless they're being rated 105 speed, Charles shouldn't be a 99 speed. He's fast, yes, but he's not faster than those two, period. Until he can cut .3 off his 200, that's just the way it is.

With all due respect.
Carter is a 10.12 (LSU school Record, set this year) 100m, 20.02 (2nd at last year's NCAA outdoor 200), and 45.20 (split 44.0 on LSU's NCAA record 4x4 of 2:59.59)

Charles is an NCAA 60m finalist indoors (as a true freshman), and a 10.18 100m guy. He is learning the 200 a little but his HS experience is more in the short Hurdles

Ginn has not run a collegiate meet (by his own choice). But his is a 10.40 - 10.50 100m, 13.mid 110 Hurdler, 36.mid to low 300Hurdler, and 47.low 400 guy, out of HS

As a track coach that has a love for NCAA Football video games. I would have to say that all of them are deserving of a 99 rating. Ginn obviously has great football speed and showed great promise to have an outstanding college track career, he chooses not to run. Carter and Charles have shown it on the track. There are only a few fb/track combos that are still competing for spots in the NCAA meet as sprinters.

Carter and Charles are obvious
NCAA west regional
Isaiah Stanback UW quarterback has run 10.48
Bobby McCoy Arizona WR has run 20.94 at 200m
Derrick Jones Oregon WR is on their Pac 10 champ 4x1 (39.74) along with Jordan Kent (FB/BB/and track star with a sub 21 and 46.95 PR)

East Regional
Florida State has
DB Micheal Ray Garvin in the 200 (20.90) and 4x1 (Kenny O'Neal was an alternate)
Willie Idellete Wake Forest WR in the 400 (46.62) and 4x1 and 4x4
Lance Leggett Miami WR in the 110H (13.76) and had a qualifier in the 400H but chose not to run it

Mid West Regional
Otis McDaniel TCU (i think he is a WR) 20.35 200m

I am sure there may be a few I have missed (jumpers, smaller DI schools). But some guys may deserve a higher rating than what they currently get.

It is not easy to get the qualifying standards to the Regional meets.
100m 10.50
200m 21.19
400m 47.25
110H 14.30
4x1 40.66
4x4 3:10.00
The standards are based on the top 100 performances from the year before.
Check www.trackshark.com to see how your favorite FB guys perform this weekend. The ncaa championships begin in almost 2 weeks.
Old 05-26-2006, 01:35 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoachYo
With all due respect.
Carter is a 10.12 (LSU school Record, set this year) 100m, 20.02 (2nd at last year's NCAA outdoor 200), and 45.20 (split 44.0 on LSU's NCAA record 4x4 of 2:59.59)

Charles is an NCAA 60m finalist indoors (as a true freshman), and a 10.18 100m guy. He is learning the 200 a little but his HS experience is more in the short Hurdles

Ginn has not run a collegiate meet (by his own choice). But his is a 10.40 - 10.50 100m, 13.mid 110 Hurdler, 36.mid to low 300Hurdler, and 47.low 400 guy, out of HS

As a track coach that has a love for NCAA Football video games. I would have to say that all of them are deserving of a 99 rating. Ginn obviously has great football speed and showed great promise to have an outstanding college track career, he chooses not to run. Carter and Charles have shown it on the track. There are only a few fb/track combos that are still competing for spots in the NCAA meet as sprinters.

Carter and Charles are obvious
NCAA west regional
Isaiah Stanback UW quarterback has run 10.48
Bobby McCoy Arizona WR has run 20.94 at 200m
Derrick Jones Oregon WR is on their Pac 10 champ 4x1 (39.74) along with Jordan Kent (FB/BB/and track star with a sub 21 and 46.95 PR)

East Regional
Florida State has
DB Micheal Ray Garvin in the 200 (20.90) and 4x1 (Kenny O'Neal was an alternate)
Willie Idellete Wake Forest WR in the 400 (46.62) and 4x1 and 4x4
Lance Leggett Miami WR in the 110H (13.76) and had a qualifier in the 400H but chose not to run it

Mid West Regional
Otis McDaniel TCU (i think he is a WR) 20.35 200m

I am sure there may be a few I have missed (jumpers, smaller DI schools). But some guys may deserve a higher rating than what they currently get.

It is not easy to get the qualifying standards to the Regional meets.
100m 10.50
200m 21.19
400m 47.25
110H 14.30
4x1 40.66
4x4 3:10.00
The standards are based on the top 100 performances from the year before.
Check www.trackshark.com to see how your favorite FB guys perform this weekend. The ncaa championships begin in almost 2 weeks.
I assume you mean Ginn has never ran track in college? I know he ran in high school and set tons of records because that's all they talked about at tOSU when he was recruited. And not to belittle the other guys here you are comparing him to but football speed and track speed aren't entirely the same. Deion was world class speed on the football field in pads but probably not a world class track star off the field. People react differently when wearing pads and running on grass/turf than a track.

Again, not to belittle those other guys but I just know from the games i've seen that Ginn has breakaway speed unlike anyone i've ever seen play at the college level. I've not seen that from the other guys we're comparing him to (although I admittedly have seen less film footage of them as well).

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »