Home

IGN Mailbag RE: NCAA 360 Playbooks Vs. Current Gen

This is a discussion on IGN Mailbag RE: NCAA 360 Playbooks Vs. Current Gen within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-06-2006, 02:17 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: IGN Mailbag RE: NCAA 360 Playbooks Vs. Current Gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Man, does EA seem completely half-arsed about everything in next gen. It's really pitiful that current gen remains the "showcase system" for features.

I know a year ago, I didn’t expect “Next Gen football” to be defined by better graphics, but also by thinner feature sets, "less detailed" playbooks, less teams, less stadiums, less presentation, and less modes of play. Its pretty embarrassing.

I can't remember a time when I've been this unexcited for upcoming football games.
My thoughts exactly. I'm just not psyched about any of the football games coming out. I'm most excited about NFL Head Coach out of all of them, but even that is questionable.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:59 PM   #10
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

That sucks about the SI covers. I loved seeing someone from my team on the cover or on one of the inside page articles. It makes it more immersive than just looking at plain text and stats.

The best one I had was a cover that read "clobbered" and had a picture of AJ Hawk standing over Vince Young. Too bad that did not happen in real life.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #11
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Is it 21 formation and 300 plays per team is still more then the current gen has ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2006, 03:18 PM   #12
Banned

arichzona's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by toychri
That sucks about the SI covers. I loved seeing someone from my team on the cover or on one of the inside page articles. It makes it more immersive than just looking at plain text and stats.

The best one I had was a cover that read "clobbered" and had a picture of AJ Hawk standing over Vince Young. Too bad that did not happen in real life.
Sounds nice, but was it nice when two weeks later the same picture was shown, only it was (for example) a guy from Toledo standing over some guy from Central Michigan? Those things were far too repetitious. EA put no craetivity into the covers and should have spent their time on something else.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:35 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by toychri

Heh it did happen, AJ was all over him that game. Unfortunately he didn't get clobbered enough though and was able to throw the winning TD pass.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »