Home

Top 25 WR's

This is a discussion on Top 25 WR's within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2006, 02:56 PM   #73
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Top 25 WR's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek
Don't you even dare blame Chris Rix for anthing at FSU. He was one of the the biggest scapegoats in College Football history. (IMO)
He was put in to a position to fail. Not to mention that offense was predictable and not suited to his skillset.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:57 PM   #74
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
I'm so sick of hearing this. You guys need to break out your copies of the previous versions of the game, and check the default rosters. You'll find that ND almost never has a player ranked in the top 10 at his position, and most years they have a total of maybe 4-5 guys ranked 90+ (if that).

The idea that EA gooses the Irish's ratings (at least prior to this season) is bull.
Well..to justify these absurd ratings, Notre Dame better make USC 2005's offense look like Bama's 2005 offense. I'm talking averaging 800 yards of offense, 72 ppg.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:58 PM   #75
Banned

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I am of the belief, and this could just be the old school player/coach in me that to be the best, you have to beat the best, and scheduling nothing but cupcakes really hurts you in the long run when you get in to the tough part of your conference schedule and the post-season. Not to mention it's being seen in the rankings more and more every year. Teams are getting more respect in the polls for playing top caliber teams.
You're preaching to the choir here, I definitely preferred the old school FSU approach to things. If no one would come to Tally, then FSU went to their house and beat them. I would love to see much more of that today, but unfortunately money means more to teams than a sense of pride. I would kill to see FSU go out and take on the likes of Michigan, Texas, Ohio State, Nebraska, and even USC again, but unless these teams agree to a home and home, or at the very least a home and game in Jax/Orlando, that won't be the reality for a long time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #76
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
You're preaching to the choir here, I definitely preferred the old school FSU approach to things. If no one would come to Tally, then FSU went to their house and beat them. I would love to see much more of that today, but unfortunately money means more to teams than a sense of pride. I would kill to see FSU go out and take on the likes of Michigan, Texas, Ohio State, Nebraska, and even USC again, but unless these teams agree to a home and home, or at the very least a home and game in Jax/Orlando, that won't be the reality for a long time.
Michigan, Texas, Ohio St. Nebraska and USC have all shown the willingness to travel. I think at this point it's FSU who's probably less willing to travel to these types of schools. Or at least that's what it looks like at the moment.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:08 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Michigan, Texas, Ohio St. Nebraska and USC have all shown the willingness to travel. I think at this point it's FSU who's probably less willing to travel to these types of schools. Or at least that's what it looks like at the moment.
I'll give you USC on that list right now, others not so much. Last year Michigan played every OOC game at home, and whereas they will go to Notre Dame, it seems as if the games played on the west coast are becoming less and less frequent. I also don't think Michigan has ever gone to to the Southeast for a road game, or at the very least they haven't in a long, long time.

Nebraska seems to play an OOC road game every other year, but they haven't played a good team in a while on the road, but that changes this year. How long ago was that USC series scheduled though?

Ohio State is going to Texas, but they really don't leave Ohio that much if they don't have too. Add to that, the game with Texas was schedule a while ago.

Now if we go into the Southeast, we really see teams who won't really play road games. Although in the next few years FSU travels to Oklahoma and Colorado, and maybe BYU.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:10 PM   #78
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
I'll give you USC on that list right now, others not so much. Last year Michigan played every OOC game at home, and whereas they will go to Notre Dame, it seems as if the games played on the west coast are becoming less and less frequent. I also don't think Michigan has ever gone to to the Southeast for a road game, or at the very least they haven't in a long, long time.

Nebraska seems to play an OOC road game every other year, but they haven't played a good team in a while on the road, but that changes this year. How long ago was that USC series scheduled though?

Ohio State is going to Texas, but they really don't leave Ohio that much if they don't have too. Add to that, the game with Texas was schedule a while ago.

Now if we go into the Southeast, we really see teams who won't really play road games. Although in the next few years FSU travels to Oklahoma and Colorado, and maybe BYU.
Both Michigan AND the Vaunted Irish of Notre Dame turned Tommy Tuberville down for a home and home series with Auburn.

That is a fact.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:13 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Both Michigan AND the Vaunted Irish of Notre Dame turned Tommy Tuberville down for a home and home series with Auburn.

That is a fact.
Let me guess, Notre Dame agreed to the home game but then wanted another game in a neutral site like Chicago? I know they told Miami that when UM looked into scheduling a game.

I am really pretty sure Michigan has never gone into the Southeast for anything but a bowl game. I know back in 1991 a home and home was scheduled with FSU, but after getting beat down in the Big House it was cancelled and I believe lead to FSU scheduling Tulane in 1992.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:18 PM   #80
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni

That is a fact.
Your implication that ND lacks the balls to schedule Auburn is somewhat ironic when you consider that Auburn lost out on a chance to play for the National Championship a couple of years ago because they played a game against the Citadel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »